2021 OSU……Success or Disappointment?

INCREDIBLY True

1 Like

1.) Not sure a win would’ve put us in the playoff.
2.) Most everyone is coming back next year. This was a nice season and has a chance to be a stepping stone to next season.

4 Likes

Yes sir. 1945 was a box-tops contest/fan vote I think. Our team won the vote. We put up a banner. Our fan base hates being called “little brother”, yet we allowed someone to put that thing up. It’s the most “little brother” thing of all-time! “Look guys, they gave us a banner too!” Well, what was the final score of the championship game? “Uhhhhh……we didn’t play in one.” Ridiculousness….

3 Likes

I sincerely hope that you are right and that next year we finish what we started.

Here……comes……Bobby!!!

To be honest the was not even close to a championship games. U think it’s bias now to big boys. It was worst then.
It was almost impossible to get good teams to play each other because of bowl conference alliances.

1 Like

U they only one bring up the 45’ team. So saying I’m coming means u worried what u wrote. Have u even looked at who were the best teams. I’m not a fan of the deal but I’m not going to kick a gift horse.

1 Like

Nope not worried. But the site told me you were typing. I gave you your very own intro. Be proud. You’re welcome.

Yup. The 1945 banner is so “little league”. I hope they take that down when the ring of honor fills more. No offense to the 1945 team at all. Heck, put someone on the 1945 team into the ring of honor.

2 Likes

Coaches poll went back and chose champions for all the years prior to the coaches poll existing.

1 Like

We won the conference regular season, came up inches short in the championship game that likely still would have left us out of the playoff, and we are headed to the Fiesta Bowl to play ND. I would say this was a successful season. Did I want more? Sure. After the first 3 games of the season did I expect more? No way! If this team beats ND it is definitely a top 5 season in school history.

And we have most of the team coming back so, RUN IT BACK!

2 Likes

They didn’t play championship games in 1945. The AP just selected the champion. The Coaches Poll just selected one retroactively. I get why people feel that the banner feels silly, but technically we received the title the same way that Army did.

1 Like

Ok, you are very refreshing to “hear” say that stuff. I have tons of OSU friends…and there is 1 that says similar to what you do. SHE knows her stuff and is the absolute best. Loves her Cowboys, but absolutely hates the “as long we beat OU I dont care what else happens” mentality that oozes from the OSU faithful

You guys lose a bunch defensively. This year was a very good defense. That will be extremely, extremely difficult to match next season. Schedule is tougher too.

The rumors are we will not be losing alot. I think we have 3 that have to go. But could have most back on defense. Their will be a big hole in linebackers.

1 Like

I really think the success/failure of this season is determined by how we follow it up.

If we can get back to the big 12 ship next season then no doubt it was a great season, if we are mediocre then i think a lot of fans will look at it as a missed opportunity to take that next step.

it’s weird to say next year will determine how good this year was, but thats my take and im sticking to it

2 Likes

Only the 2 LBs are not eligible to return next year and Christian Holmes, CB too I think. We also played this whole season without arguably our best defensive end, Trace Ford. If we can keep our DC, we should be even better defensively next season.

1 Like

Uhhh, no. They’ve already said that most of them are coming back. We’re losing a few secondary guys, but that’s fine because they were our worst area of the defense.

1 Like

So losing the 2 linebackers is great?
Getting rid of weak players to be replaced by their back up doesn’t seem to be a positive

2 Likes

I was entertained, either by the games or the meltdowns about the games, so successful season.

2 Likes