2022 Football Season - The Cowboy Fell Off His Horse (Part 2)

Why not? Behaving like the holiday you celebrate is the only one that matters is pretty toolish.

9 Likes

having an opinion that people should only say Merry Xmas makes you a massive tool

6 Likes

I’m more disappointed by @Dribble getting his feelings hurt and derailing this thread instead of putting it in whatever useless thread is used for these nonsense conversations

11 Likes

It was Christmas Day. Not complicated. It’s a national holiday.

2 Likes

…that not everybody celebrates. Happy Holidays is a harmless, catch-all phrase that acknowledges everything, even Christmas.

But in typical fashion, someone has to be mad about not, in their mind, emphasizing Christmas enough. It’s just pathetic if he gives that much of a crap about it.

I’m not religious. My neighbor texted me “Merry Christmas” and guess what my response was? “Thanks, you too.”. Not “OH MY GOSH YOU SHOULD SAY HAPPY HOLIDAYS”. Because who cares? Clearly Preston cares about inconsequential nonsense.

6 Likes

Can y’all take this to Completely Random

15 Likes

It’s pretty obvious there are some Oklahomans who have never worked closely with people from different backgrounds than themselves. Each person can choose to say what they want but to publicly attempt to correct a considerate post in a factitious way does make you a tool lol

4 Likes

Okay, no one is on Team Preston here it appears. So your favorite PFB poster, yours truly, is coming to his aid to show support :grin: There is nothing wrong with saying Merry Christmas…especially on Christmas Day. Way too much being made of an asterisk.

I forgot to put a question mark on my original comment, so hoping this correction will work.

3 Likes

-Topic change-

Anyone hear any new coaching rumors? Seems like it has been really quiet.

Ah, so we have a choice? Then the argument stays here. :triumph:

:grin:

1 Like

Anyone heard of any other players maybe entering portal?

2 Likes

I figure we all hear a few more portal announcements after the bowl game. Some might be waiting to see how their playing time shakes out. Portal closes January 18.

Not what anyone is saying. Literally no one on here has claimed to have a problem with Merry Christmas.

All I’m gonna say on this in the interest of maintaining the peace and staying on topic.

Hope everyone’s holiday went well! One more sleep until our meaningless, disappointing bowl game. But who cares, Go Pokes!

5 Likes

Strangely enough, I haven’t seen a post about any of the other 13 religious holidays in the month of December. Instead of getting your feelings hurt that you weren’t picked out special, maybe just get over it

5 Likes

You guys are all getting WAY too worked up about this.

2 Likes

Topics to change subject to…

Was SS a good QB?
G. Rangel v T. May - who ya got and why?
Why haven’t we fired Dickey yet? How many petal transfers did we miss on because he’s still here?
Arroyo is coming!
Arroyo is not coming

3 Likes

OSU QBs all Time:

Weeden
Rudolph
Spencer
ZRob
Gundy
Walsh/chelf

5 Likes

My OkState QB list (1980’s and later)