2024 Football Season - Playoffs or Bust

We were MUCH better pre-Gundy than what Leipold inherited. He is doing Bill Snyder like things there.

So hypothetically, how screwed are we if this is the start of Gundy retiring?

1 Like

Iā€™d say it depends on the exit strategy.

Yes. Thatā€™s the rumor spreading around in Stillwater

What did Mike do?

Considering title is just in his name and not Kristenā€™s anymore. I remember awhile back I looked and I could have sworn it was in both their names.

Edit: A couple of years ago, I just wanted to see how secluded they lived, which is not at all.

1 Like

Itā€™s been 2 years for Leipold. Heā€™s doing great but youā€™re insane if you think heā€™s more proven, or even anywhere remotely close, to Mike. Letā€™s not forget Matt Campbell being pegged as better than Gundy a few years ago. Longevity is even harder than the initial rise. Letā€™s wait and see how the next few years go for him.

8 Likes

Iā€™m not saying he is as proven as Mike. Mikeā€™s track record is obviously better. Iā€™m just contending the point that OSU was in similar shape as KU was when Leipold took over. OSU had been to three consecutive bowl games and had restored a bit of relevance. KU had won an average of 2 games per season in the prior 10 seasons before he took over. Probably the worst P5 team in the country. Mike should be ranked ahead of him, but maybe not for long. What Leipold has done in three years at Kansas is remarkable.

2 Likes

Itā€™s all just recency stuff + the KU guy as an underdog darling.

Edit: and the Utah guy.

3 Likes

bad and outdated taste?

1 Like

10 Likes

I didnā€™t say similar, I said not a whole lot better. But yeah KU was dead in the water.

1 Like

Since when is Tupac outdated?

2 Likes

Who killed 'Pac?

Keefe D

1 Like

Who ordered the hit?

since thankfully the world didnā€™t have to hear anything else from me after that Las Vegas trip. He had a handful of good songs but he wouldnā€™t have adapted to the change in rap that came in ā€˜98/ā€˜99

Welp, we officially have the worst take in the history of the forum and it wasnā€™t @cowgirl4life

3 Likes

Yeeesssshhhhh

Iā€™ve seen how cowboy fans dress at games, iā€™m very comfortable disagreeing with guys who dress like this

10 Likes