22 new restaurants coming to the Tulsa area in 2020

The “high estrogen levels” thing is not true. There is a chemical that mimics it, if I remember correctly, but it’s not like it forces your weiner to fall off because you eat a lot of it.

1 Like

Checking my source (meat pro meat page) and then confirmed yours. It’s not estrogen, it’s called isoflavones which mimics estrogen. They still say it’s significantly higher and shouldn’t be consumed in large quantities, but safe in small amounts (like everything in life). Also from the same article

Who drinks 3 quarts of soy milk a day! Geez

4 Likes

First of all, screw soy milk. I drink almond milk.

Second…three quarts of non-water liquids is ugh worthy…

1 Like

Meh, rice milk is where it’s at. But I wouldn’t drink 3 quarts

Ugh…no.

And oat milk is just ugh. It’s like the dirty water someone squeezes out of a wash rag.

You ever seen teets on an almond, Chimp?

4 Likes

Almond juice better for you unsophisticated oafs? :laughing:

Yes. Breasts give milk. Nuts give……. lol

2 Likes

What’s your take on rice milk?

Milk- an opaque white fluid rich in fat and protein, secreted by female mammals for the nourishment of their young.

Last time I checked rice wasn’t a mammal…

Haha. Think I would have learned that from the ag school I attended. :wink:

2 Likes

And last time I checked, our bodies aren’t necessarily made to consume another animal’s milk.

Calves are supposed to drink that. We drink human breast milk up to a certain age.

In all honesty I think it is great that there is a variety of options for “milk” drinkers out there. My issue is with the use of the term milk on something that wasn’t excreted from a mammal and processed to be used for human nutritional sustenance.

1 Like

I am not saying you have to consume milk, at all. Each and every person has different nutritional requirements and limitations. Technically speaking, humans are omnivores designed to consume “meat and simple forages”. Our digestive system struggles with anything “extra”. Sugars, starches, whole grains, and a long, long list of things that we were not designed to consume. The wonderful thing about being a human though, is our ability to understand these limitations and consume the things which we desire. Gyms have grown as our diets have evolved because our bodies are unable to break down and process many of the things we put in them… exercise is one way to combat this.

Sorry, my nutritionist brain could go very, very deep into this hole. I think I will stop here.

I just know that my body, eventually, couldn’t handle cow’s milk anymore. Looked like the La Brea Tar Pits in my stomach… :unamused:

Almond milk is a lifesaver.

FIFY, pal.

2 Likes

had to look up FIFY. I learned something new today.

3 Likes

My mistake.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, this did make me laugh loudly.

3 Likes

Keystone educating a lot of us today