22 new restaurants coming to the Tulsa area in 2020

FarmBar looks like a cool concept.

2 Likes

I love some hot food talk

2 Likes

I’ve eaten at a Del Taco before. Meh.

I had them out in Oregon this summer. Thought the Beyond Tacos were decent.

1 Like

I don’t need dog food in my taco…

2 Likes

All you Tulsaites jump on Empire Slice Pizza when it opens. Really good Pizza by the slice!

1 Like

French Hen is awesome. When the new location opens, look for the autographed menu that should be framed on the wall. That was done at their 40th anniversary dinner. I was fortunate enough to attend and my wife & I were the first to sign the menu - top left. If you get to see it.

Just a fun fact. :wink:

2 Likes

Tulsa already got a Torchy’s Tacos, so the taco scene is set.

Have you actually tried Beyond or Impossible “meat”? It’s a great substitute.

1 Like

No sir, nor will I. Literally the same ingredients as some dog food…wasn’t just saying that offhand. Why would I ever want a highly processed protein “substitute” anyway? God did a fine job providing us with succulent meats.

1 Like

Ethical and health concerns…? I don’t know.

And so you’re aware, a lot of the processed food you buy at the store probably has ingredients similar to what they put in dog food. It’s all edible to some degree.

1 Like

This stuff is… less than great for you. I am not going to get into a debate, but coming from someone who got a minor in meat science… not a healthy alternative.

1 Like

It’s not meant to be. It’s packed with sodium, as a lot of vegan-ish stuff is. Nobody has claimed it’s healthier.

Why did my adviser not tell me of this?

4 Likes

When did you graduate?

I certainly have no ethical concerns about eating any form of meat. And there are plenty of heart healthy options from all three of the major proteins if that is an issue.

The food science department was definitely intact at that point and was starting to grow rapidly around that time. It’s a shame that advisors from across the various colleges don’t do a better job of telling kids what their options are.

1 Like

I prefer meat personally but I’ll try meatless options.

No. Main reason is way too many things in it. I try to keep my food as simple as possible. Also, the high estrogen levels keep me away

3 Likes