5 and 7

Can osu go 5 and 7?
Most sites had us at 5th, with the coach having us at 4th.
By projections we have only beat 2 teams in the 6 to 9 spots. With needing no more then 3 wins to get into the 4th or 5th spot. Where are we ending up?
What will a Texas lose or win mean in r next game.
Very few had us at 5-0, most at 4-1 some even at 3-2.
Most have us losing to Texas. So, a loss is not the end.
A win in Austin gives us r 16th straight bowl game. Also is a win to a top 3 team. Is Texas for real or hype?

Our win total this year was 7.5 I hammered that bet for all I could . Don’t get me all nervous now .

1 Like

I’m just see what the gundy haters want to say. Lol. I’m positive u will make ur bet line.

1 Like

We gotta be favored against WVU, Tech, KU, and TCU. OU and Texas are obviously daunting as we sort out their identity. ISU, I don’t know. They’re already disappointing. They’re one or two losses away from dumpster fire, but I think their coach is good enough to turn them back around.

I hope we run the table, but I’d feel safe thinking at least 9 wins is likely.

Edit: I’m most worried about injury. If Warren were to go down, the floor drops out.

3 Likes

Yep

2 Likes

After RB, O-line and WR seem most vulnerable. We have a lot of depth at WR, but a lot of it is young and we already have injuries there.

1 Like

We definitely Have a bye at the right time . Dezmon could work back in and take a few snaps .

I’m more worried about Collin Oliver . How many more d lineman for we have ?

1 Like

We r getting 2 back to help oliver

1 Like

Yeah, I think Martin will be back soon.

1 Like

It’s so odd that we have (young) 4* talent to replace injured starters . On defense no less!

1 Like

Disagree. I think the offensive line has improved enough that even if Warren got banged up, we could still be okay. Dez Jackson is coming back and I gotta think at some point, LD flips a switch. Not to mention, coaches would incorporate more designed runs for Spencer as opposed to the RPO stuff he struggles to handle. All of that to say, at this point, the bottom ain’t dropping out.

1 Like

I’m most confident in Richardson of the three backups.

1 Like

I disagree with this disagreement. You could be absolutely right, but just based on how things have gone, in my personal option Warren is the most important single player we’ve had on that side of the ball in years. He isn’t the best we’ve had, but in the past if someone like Randle goes down, we have Smith. If Hill goes down, we have Carson, and then later Chuba. Last year we were fine (if not better) without Chuba. All the WRs have been replaceable because we have so many good ones. But I think if Warren were to go down right now we’d be toast. We’re sitting at 1-4 or 2-3 right now if Warren isn’t in there. No one else has looked good at all. Same goes with Tay in the passing game.

1 Like

LD is done for the year.

Oh nooo!!! Why?! What happened?!

2 Likes

Well u mite want to remember how well Warren ran before we got are line fixed. And when we lost the other 2 backs. Warren is doing great but the better lineman is a major factor.

Unless I heard wrong he’s been out and will continue to be out with a knee injury

1 Like

I know gundy doesn’t talk about him

Sure. But all other backs not named Warren are averaging 1.9 yards per carry combined since the beginning of the Boise game, in which the line turned it on. I think the line is doing significantly better, but a lot of that is because Warren is making them look good. A lot of his nice runs haven’t been through big holes, he’s just super shifty and hard to bring down.

1 Like

I’m glad u like him. My opinion is we will be fine with the other backs too.