A Mike Gundy Story

It is a shame that someone has this much power.

1 Like

Which is why I wanted you guys to know!

For the record, I’m not trying to paint us as completely in the right here. We’ve done stupid stuff that we shouldn’t have done. But I’ve reached out and reached out and offered to meet and talk and figure stuff out (not just after the call but before it, too) and just … nothing.

6 Likes

Kyle even though this happened before everything else that transpired this summer. Do you think that some of things your wrote and how Boone went about things may have affected any chance of covering the team again like in the past?

This has gotta be a rhetorical question

4 Likes

But what if it’s not?

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah, not sure how it couldn’t. But if we don’t get to based on what we wrote this summer (which, again, is not really the point of this story) then there’s a long list of websites that shouldn’t get to either. That’s not how it works, obviously.

Mike Gundy, Oklahoma’s leader in cancel culture! Where are we at in society??

18 Likes

can i still add my 2 cents to your survey? somehow i missed it

2 Likes

One more in the ‘G’ column and I got a bingo.

1 Like

It’d be poetic if PFB had the scoop (again) whenever new uniforms happen (2021 perhaps if the trend continues)

dead

2 Likes

@kyleporterCBS a few questions for you.

1. Did PFB initiate the story being written, or was PFB contacted and interviewed about the story that was going to be written?

2. If PFB initiated it, I think there’s zero paths at the end of it that results in getting the creds back, given Gundy’s ‘dug-in’ ways. What’s the honest goal? Is it to shed light, have OSU review what went wrong, and amend? Or do you believe it’s unfixable, and why not go ahead and report?

If PFB did not initiate it, did you consider ‘no comment’ to prevent further damage? Or possibly express interest in requesting it not be written?

4 Likes

sorry, all done with the results - should be coming out very soon

1 Like

I’ve been asking people who know about it not to write it basically since it happened because 1. I wanted to give OSU a chance to make it right (they repeatedly did not) and 2. I didn’t want more fallout, either for myself or for Gundy/OSU.

The frustrating part? OSU told me to keep it quiet while they sorted it out. I obliged because there are a lot of people up there I like and respect and because I felt like it was in the best interest of everyone involved.

The back-back story here is that Gundy did this once before in the spring of 2019. He didn’t call me personally, but someone else did. OSU told me to keep it quiet, I did and they figured it out later on.

I’m just tired of being tossed back and forth in such unreasonable, silly ways.

8 Likes

I wonder what this certain paper is trying to accomplish by writing this story.

I’m probably in the minority but the word “blog” really doesn’t help the image of a news website trying to be taken seriously. I know initially the site started out as a blog but it may be time to remove the “blog” portion but I’ve also felt that way for awhile.

Well, hopefully it’s written in such a way that doesn’t damage the existing relationships you have. I love that HCMB is so open with you guys and willing to talk on pods.

Hopefully the author doesn’t turn it into a hit-piece that unintentionally gets PFB shelled in the crossfire.

Thanks for the transparency man.

11 Likes

Keeps it humble.

Pretty sure KP has tried, but can’t get domain rights for “pistolsfiring.com”. I think I remember a comment by him on a podcast or something…

1 Like