Basketball Game Thread: Southern Illinois

So many stupid turnover

2 Likes

Avery Anderson is the basketball version of Spencer Sanders. Equal parts of amazing athleticism/talent and head-scratching decision making/turnovers no matter how many years on the team :laughing:

Ball don’t lie, that must’ve been a charge.

1 Like

This is actually a good point. He does some amazing things…and then does bone-headed crap.

1 Like

We look like a team who expected to stroll in and just dominate a lesser opponent.

3 Likes

Oh my god…Tyreek Smith is so awful under the basket.

1 Like

Holy sh*t tyreek

2 Likes

When Woody comes back he needs to take a significant amount of Tyreek’s minutes. Dude is awful on offense, nothing has changed with him.

2 Likes

I hate to make a judgment on a small sample size, but here goes: Tyreek Smith looks like he has regressed. His offense was never great, but he just looks different so far this year (in a bad way).

Asberry :eyes:

1 Like

…shouldn’t have shot that shot. Don’t care how hot you’re feeling, be smart about it.

2 Likes

Oh look, Avery puts his head down and gets to the basket.

3 Likes

I yelled “he’s feeling it” and then he missed it

3 Likes

Kind of the antithesis of this game so far :laughing:

2 Likes

He’s done that twice, where he pulls up while dribbling down the court. That only works when it’s on a fast break and the opposing defenders are outnumbered and have to drop down to the basket.

1 Like

I’m starting to really trust Bryce T. He is getting more and more dependable and doesn’t take stupid shots.

3 Likes

After a slow start they have settled in. Defense putting the clamps down and seeing quick ball movement, the balls not sitting still like it did last year and guys aren’t driving with their head down too much. Will have to wait and see how it plays against a good D

1 Like

Cisse looks tired

Lol…we could be up by 10 right now.

SIU’s offense is simple, yet hard to stop. Put five shooters on the perimeter, force help and throw it to an open one. Welcome to the modern world. Thanks, Steph

4 Likes