Basketball Game Thread: Southern Illinois

Go Pokes! Seems like this will be a tougher challenge than Monday.

6 Likes

Anyone have any scoop on how good they are? I see they start 4 Seniors.

I would look them up but I don’t want Southern Illinois in my search history. :rofl:

4 Likes

They beat Little Rock by 31 on Monday.

4 Likes

Have any scoop on how good Little Rock is? :joy:

6 Likes

Definitely not as good as big rock.

5 Likes

I will tell you one thing, they shoot better than us. I have no earthly idea what their numbers are at all. But I know us. They definitely shoot better than us.

5 Likes

Yup. Shot 43% from 3 their first game. They went 9-9 in the MVC last year, so ehh.

1 Like

Here here

What do you think their odds against medium rock are this year?

I’d say somewhere in the middle. 50/50

1 Like

What about shiny rock?

Southern Illinois shot 43% from 3 Monday. If they do that, they can beat anybody, especially OSU lol

Does not appear many braved the storm to get in here tonight.

Just heard coach say on the pregame that Woody Newton’s Dad died this week. He isn’t available tonight for obvious reasons. He and his family are in my prayers.

7 Likes

Nobody goes to basketball anymore.

Yeah, I just heard that too on the radio. That’s tough. Terrible. Seems like tragedy just follows OkState basketball. That’s two years in a row with a parent dying. Priorities. Family >>> basketball wins.

3 Likes

Avery and Moussa :confounded:

2 Likes

Not a good start.

Why is it that every time we take the floor it looks like their first time playing together

3 Likes

What did they stop play for? Defense can’t call a time out?

2 Likes

I don’t understand why we can never start a game 100% disciplined. If you miss shots, fine, I can understand that. But the stupid passes and stupid shots always infuriate me. You have to start a game strong to assert authority.

Avery on that last fast break made a stupid decision. Like…just put your head down and go in full steam.

2 Likes