Big 12 Announces OU, Texas Will Leave for SEC in 2024

Originally published at: Big 12 Announces OU, Texas Will Leave for SEC in 2024 | Pistols Firing

The last Bedlam with OU in the Big 12 will be in Stillwater.

2 Likes

Gundy has to win this fckin game.

4 Likes

Good f’n riddance.

1 Like

Thank God! Let win Bedlam (on a year we probably shouldn’t) and move on

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1623854865205104640?s=20&t=eruYeIWcN_DeUkG8eW3tug Wonder if you can pull the rug out from under Oregon and Washington to force a move to the Big 12

Proof that there is a God.

1 Like

I’m guessing 4 corner schools and Gonzaga will be the potential targets if it makes sense. I don’t really see Oregon and Washington in the Big 12 unless there are no other options at all.

The Big 12 would have to pull the rug on the Pac 12 taking the 4 corners. The Big 10 commissioner left recently and I’m not sure if he’s been replaced so I’m not sure if they’d get an invite immediately.

1 Like

It would definitely be a coup but I’m guessing that’s what he’s attempting, I don’t know what value adding anymore G5 schools would bring.

Jenni Carlson reported that the remaining 12 schools would evenly split the $100M….but I’m thinking only the remaining 8 sans the new schools will split that pay day.

1 Like

I heard the escalation clause the Big 12 signed is only valid for current P5 teams.

2 Likes

At least we ended bedlam basketball in a sweep.

Except, we still play them next year.

1 Like

They’ll play next year

Also we are done with Texas since we aren’t playing them next year. It’s been nice owning them over the last decade but I’m ready for them to begone as I am with OU.

We could stil beat them in the title ge if they can make it.:wink::wink::wink::innocent::innocent::innocent::cowboy_hat_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Yea that’s true didn’t think about that. if we do meet them in the Title game then so be it. That would mean that OSU has greatly exceeded my expectations for next year. But again you won’t see me crying big baby tears if we end up not playing them.

1 Like

Oh we can win the title with out them​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

That’d be awesome!

1 Like