Big 12 Over/Unders

Curious what others think on these.

Baylor - 7.5
I think over is the more likely. They have three freebies right off the bat and host Iowa State and Texas Tech. They’ll win some games comfortably this year in conference.

Iowa St. - 8
Trying not to push on these, so I’d probably say over. I think 9-3 is more likely than 7-5 I’ll put it that way. Road games at Baylor and Tech are most interesting to me.

Kansas - 3
I actually like the over. I think they’ll start 2-0 and they have a favorable home schedule for finding more wins, hosting all three other teams with a new coach.

Kansas St. - 5.5
I think under. Five wins seems really probable - two non conference games and then three out of KU, Tech, WVU, OSU and TCU. I HATE how this game looks for OSU. We’re coming off of @Texas and they’re off of a bye. I think we’ll be up for it having lost two straight though.

Oklahoma - 10.5
Have to say over honestly. I think they’ll either go undefeated, lose once to UT or beat UT and lose a game after. Interesting games for me are at Baylor and maybe possibly a tiny little bit of Bedlam drama?.. anyone?..

Oklahoma St. - 7.5
Gosh I hate this. I’m biased and going to say over. I don’t like our front seven matching up with UT this year, so I really think the two games after - KState and @Tech - are HUGE. I do think we sweep TCU and Baylor though for the first time since 2013.

Texas - 9.5
Under. I don’t think they’re overrated really, I just think nine wins is more likely than 10. LSU and OU are obvious monsters and then you have road games against Iowa State, Baylor and TCU. Despite what I said earlier, a loss against OSU wouldn’t surprise me.

TCU - 7.5
I have very little confidence in this one, but I’m learning toward under. I think they lose to OSU, Texas, OU and Iowa State. Now we’re just looking for one more and have road games at Texas Tech and Purdue, plus I think they’ll be underdogs against Baylor. Gary Patterson may very well be at the Alamo Bowl in four months so who knows.

Texas Tech - 6.5
Alan Bowman is the factor here for me. I am going to assume he says healthy and therefore say over. 3-0 in non-conference, wins against KU, KState and WVU, and then I think they’ll find at least one more.

West Virginia - 5
UNDER! Maybe I’m crazy, but I think 3-9 is more likely than 6-6. Only going 1-2 in non-conference is very possible. Their bye weeks lead into Texas and @Baylor. Also, with how much turnover they’ve had, a loss at KU wouldn’t surprise me.

We’ll see how it goes. College football can’t get here soon enough!

Not biased. It SHOULD be the over!

You better be right on the Texas private schools. We can’t lose to them again, especially Baylor. I hate that school with the fire of 1,000,000 suns.

The odds seem better for the under, but I hope you’re right. How different would it be if Sanders was named the starter during spring camp? Interesting to think about.

Right there with you. I’m hoping we really play well against Baylor to make up for how badly last year went. I was at that game and it was one of the more frustrating ones I’ve been to.

Baylor (7.5) — Under (slightly)
Iowa State (8) — Over
KU (3) — Over
K-State (5.5) — Under
OU (10.5) — Over
OSU (7.5) — :upside_down_face:
UT (9.5) — Under
TCU (7.5) — Under
Tech (6.5) — Over
WVU (5) — Under

OSU definitely should be over, if only because if we go 7-6 again, the seat of the coach will be not warm, not hot, not even stove-top level - it will be like Satan’s throne dipped in pure pepper extract.

2 Likes

I hope so! It will definitely prove if our fanbase has a spine or not.