Big 12 Tops Power 5 Conferences in Bowl Record

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/big-12-tops-power-5-conferences-in-bowl-record/

Future Big 12 schools fared well this postseason too.

1 Like

It does not mean much from a conference standpoint but is a great momentum builder going into the offseason for the teams that won. The Pokes knocking off a Blue Blood program like Notre Dame does so much for the reputation of the program and recruiting. Go Pokes!

3 Likes

I think these games definitely matter. Yes you can make excuses but even if players don’t opt out it doesn’t mean the outcome would be different. Look at Ole Miss. The QB doesn’t opt out and gets injured early. You can say that’s why Baylor won, but I would argue that QB play was not the reason that Ole Miss lost.

I would like to see our win boost recruiting. So far there’s nothing to see, but maybe that will change as the coaches hit the recruiting trail. I hope we can get some players in from the portal also.

3 Likes

Nothing to see here.

1 Like

Cade Bennet hit the portal. I don’t know what the rub is but it seems like every year we have a lot of O linemen leave. Maybe every team has this happen but we need to get something figured out. You can’t be good at any level with a bad O-line I don’t care what you have at the skill positions.

1 Like

The players get more practice in. Yes there are some that opt out but that’s up to them. When it comes to our game it could have been even a larger margin of victory. Besides all the above we get to extend our season of watching the team we so dearly love… Excluding the obvious haters.

2 Likes

An article to read… I wouldn’t say it’s nothing to see. I appreciate this site.

2 Likes

They know how important lineman our. So they figure they can go and play some where.

1 Like

I have been waiting for this final analysis of the bowls and I am happy to see how the Big 12 and the Future Big 12 faired. If the Playoff committee will just get off their duff and expand the playoff to eight or more teams and accept only conference champions (no double dipping wth voting in the “best” team, via “eye test”) then the future looks bright for college football.

1 Like

Tay good point about the Ole Miss QB getting hurt. We lost the Big 12 championship for lack of a running game (Warren and Godlevske/Sills injuries) but all that tells us is we should have had more quality depth at those positions, especially RB.

1 Like