Brandon Weeden Speaks out on Realignment and Future of Bedlam

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/brandon-weeden-speaks-out-on-realignment-and-future-of-bedlam/

The greatest QB1 in school history speaks.

Well that wasn’t even worth reading.
Captain obvious at its most.

Should do an article on how this move to the g5 will effect u guys. R u going to lose members who won’t get fired up as a g5.

Yea well what is he supposed to say that we haven’t heard already? His remarks are what a lot of sane folks would come up with. There is one thing that he was quoted saying that I’m getting tired of hearing “well OU had to do what was right for them”. First of all just because it was “right for them” doesn’t make it “right”. All that statement does is lead credence to despicable actions on the part of OU IMO.

2 Likes

If he just going to say these things its just not news worthy. Could used a lil stronger language.

Yes he could have, I can see your point.

I would like us to land in the ACC. Big Ten is a pipe dream with their AAU requirements. Pokes are 4-0 vs ACC football last 5 years: 2-0 vs Pitt, 1-0 vs Va Tech, 1-0 vs Miami and those 3 schools represent the middle to upper division. Clemson will be Clemson. But what about basketball? We could have Duke, North Carolina, Louisville and Syracuse all visit Stillwater. Imagine being the only ACC BB team in the OK/TX footprint! Let that sink in. Boynton has proven to be an elite recruiter. In the ACC he would enjoy another edge if the B12 dissolves. OSU could soar in BB.

“…You guys.” ???
Did you mistype or are you not in the Cowboy group?

Sure I am guy not on the pay side

Are you always just a bitter old man?

1 Like

I’m sorry is bad news suppose to make me happy.
I rote a article on baseball just a few hours ago. I thought it was up lifting.:upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

I agree totally with Chris 5 about the reasons for joining ACC. Not sure the ACC wants to expand, they already are top heavy with too many teams. We would remain second fiddle in football with no chance to ever beat Clemson, deja Vu and no surprise there.
Basketball would bring in great teams that would be a feather in the cap for recruiting if we could ever beat any of the top tier teams.
As far as readers being tired of quotes from talking heads saying the same things about our situation, what is there really left to report these days? So it’s like before cable tv was invented when during the summer we would be forced to just watch reruns on tv from the 3 networks. Old news is the primary news in sports until football season starts. I feel sorry for the reporters of PFB rather than complaining about their efforts to fill space with print. If the complainers can do a better job, then great, post some new sporting news that relates to OSU and maybe PFB will offer you a job.

1 Like

Well switzer did an interview on it.
At least he admitted it will help Arkansas.
He also said it would hurt osu, and said he does know what they(osu) will do. That to me would be more surprising then reading about stoop towing the line.
Going to the acc will hurt football in alot of ways. Play here at osu were playing wake forest ( or any number of acc teams) next year.
We have a big foot print in the west. Plus Oregon ucla usc Washington are going to sound better.

Would becoming an independent be a better option - if we don’t get in a P4?

Ish Osh….

The not knowing where OSU is going to land at least gives us something to think about during this period of no real sporting news to report. It’s like a game of chess with $140,000,000 at stake. No one in the Big 12 can make a move until they know when OU and UT are leaving. OU and UT are probably waiting to see if the remaining Big 12 teams panic and jump ship which would result in OU and UT not having to pay the penalty money to the conference as has been reported many times already. Who is going to make the next move after OU and UT just made the gambit? This all creates a sense of suspense for us during this otherwise dead news period of summer. Yes, OSU in the short run is screwed. I take solace in knowing that the SEC is getting a currently crappy version of the once great Texas football program. The SEC will just have to settle for getting another excellent baseball team as Texas’ contribution.