C.J. Moore Announces Intent to Transfer from Oklahoma State

Of the top two recruits in the last five classes 5 have been receivers, 4 are transferring or have transferred. Am I the only one that sees a problem here? You’ve kept 1 of your top 5 receivers in the last 5 years and he’ll be gone after next year.

1 Like

Dang shame, he should’ve been getting more PT this season. I think this dude’s potential is off the chain. Hope he goes outside the Big 12…

2 Likes

Could someone tell me does Dunn not know how to evaluate or does he not know how to develop because one receiver getting playing time of the top 5 in the last 5 years tells me there’s a problem.

I don’t see football as the burning ship to jump off of. I see Cowboy basketball as a ship that was burning last season and now is sinking. Football is in fine shape.

You’re the only one who sees the problem you see, but it is incorrect.
The problem is that the rating system is only a guess and doesn’t prove that the highest rated athletes have what it takes to play the next level out of high school. Big fish in a small pond get exposed when they jump into the bigger pond.
Much like several highly touted draft picks and Heisman winners not lasting in the NFL more than a few months, it shows the problem is the rating system and not internal.
High school talent doesn’t alway equate to D1 competitive talent, and that is what the transfer portal is showing. He will go on to have a successful career at a school with lesser talent.

So you’re saying Dunn was right on one out of five.

Don’t try to understand, Kyle! ((Whispers quietly)) He’s what we call…an idiot…bless his heart!

Dude, I’m not even sure you can read! We just had 2 guys come back to our “burning ship” who could’ve been in the NFL making big dollars! How is that a problem?! This guy leaves because he’s not getting any playing time because the people in front of him are better!
Oh, sorry…I know that’s a lot of words…

1 Like

Yes, Dunn’s awful. Our Biletnikoff Award winners taught themselves. Home-schooled WRs…

3 Likes

You don’t have very good knowledge of the game at all.
There are players at every school that are highly recruited and never make it to the level coaches had thought. That doesn’t make them bad players and doesn’t make the coaching staff wrong…the other lower recruits just overtook them in development, but if you want to argue that Dunn was wrong about four top recruits, you would have to admit he was right about bringing in lower recruits that developed into the potential he saw. That shows more about his recruiting than top recruits not panning out, but I wouldn’t really expect you to comprehend that aspect of the game.

1 Like

Well if you’re right I hope they all stay in the big 12 so Dunn can prove he was right.

What is your point?

After this season our WR depth is gonna drop off significantly like sheesh. CJ just needed to wait one more year. After we lose tylan and stoner its gonna be braydon johnson and langston anderson, maybe pressely will star in the slot. Starting group would still be solid but the depth just isn’t there. CJ will probably transfer then have 1000 yards every season.

He didn’t seem that he had bought into the college football mentality. He may still be relying on his raw talent, which was good enough for HS but not D1 football. Good luck wherever he ends up playing next. Hope he figures it out!

1 Like

Sorry I’m late to the party. I really hate to hear CJ decided to transfer. He has a lot of talent and great hands. These are just personal observations and personal opinions so do get your panties in a wad.
He came to oSu at around 165 pounds. He needed to put on some weight or he would be broken pretty quickly. He had the attitude of entitlement as a lot of players do. Just because a person is a star in HS doesn’t mean it will automatically transfer to College D1 level. Everyone was a star in HS. Take a look at Stoner. He had the talent but he puts in the work to be a D1 player. I applaud Gundy and Dunn on making sure the players have the right attitude to take football serious. They are getting a free education, food, etc… It’s a terrible parable to have so much talent that talented players cant make the rotation. My thought is if you want something … Go get it! Work for it and if the talent is there??? You will get rewarded. Respect is earned.

Shame on you Clint…

1 Like

Maybe the reason all these receivers are transferring is the new quarterback can’t throw the ball to save his asset.

giphy (1)

What’s that guy doing trying to catch your mama.

Lot of assumptions there…you got inside info?