Cade Cunningham/Bryce Thompson recruiting nuggets

Just get Boynton in a room with these two kids and they will see what we all have seen these last few years. They can help usher in a new era of Oklahoma State basketball and gets us back to what we once were. I still have all the faith in the world in Boynton.

3 Likes

Completely agree. CC hasn’t had his official visit yet, right? Hopefully they can schedule him with Thompson together this year.

Correct. Cade has not made his official visit. I think he’s pretty familiar with OSU and the rest of his finalists, but that’s a big step he’s not yet checked off.

I think the key to landing both will be Boynton getting them both down on a visit (together) along with Davis and some of the other key recruits and let them see and talk about what it would be like while Boynton rolls out the red carpet. If that does not do it then there is really nothing else we could have done. For what it is worth I feel about 75% sure of Cade but 25% sure on Bryce, Cade seems to be a well thought out and mature kid who values the loyalty and commitment OSU has always shown, and if his brother is really as big to him as he says then why have him go somewhere Cade wont be attending. Bryce on the other hand after completely blowing up has more options than he knows what to do with.

1 Like

Definitely possible … however, Bryce has already used all five of his NCAA-allowed official visits, which throws a tiny wrench into things.

But I definitely think you have a point on getting them together or getting them on the same page. In fact, one source told me that it was Boynton himself who originally tried to get Cade and Bryce connected via phone. So it seems like Boynton is working towards that, but he can’t force it and Cade is playing the field.

Ahh good point, but Boynton could always have Bryce up for an unofficial. I just think that them both in Stillwater at the same time is the key.

1 Like

Definitely agree. And Bryce being from Tulsa, I think that’s achievable. He and his dad Rod are always up in Stillwater or Norman visiting unofficially.

1 Like

Speaking of Norman visits, how big of a player is OU for Thompson? I believe they hired Pooh Williamson who grew up with Rod Thompson and also got a commitment from his teammate Phipps…

They’re definitely in the mix. I’d say top 3. But everyone I’ve talked to thinks that North Carolina and Michigan State (if OSU doesn’t get Cade) are probably slightly ahead of OU. Phipps is a good player, but he’s probably the lite version of Phil Forte at the next level IMO.

I am surprised he doesn’t have more of an eye for Kansas with his dad’s influence.

Whoops, I’d put Kansas in there too. Oversight on my part.

Per a family friend of theirs I was told that Bryce isn’t considering OU at all. I hope it stays that way too.

1 Like

I was told it’s between OSU and Kansas. I’m curious how it shakes out.

1 Like

You say it would cost Cannen the job like you know that’s a fact. I don’t see Boynton doing that.

I thought the same thing. It would be naive to think that Cannen’s hiring didn’t have at least something to do with getting his brother. If it were perceived that his brothers job were hostage dependent on his commitment… seems like a great way to push a kid away…

That’s an excellent point, and from everything I’ve read Cade seems like the type of person to come at his recruitment just like businesses would.

Cannen was a video coordinator before the OSU gig. He’s got some upside as a coach because DFW connections, but the only reason he has the gig is because his brother is a super-recruit. If Cade commits elsewhere, he’ll be gone within three months.

And Bryce is considering OU. It’s not down to Kansas and OSU. In fact I’d say Kansas, OSU, OU and North Carolina are all on equal footing, with Michian State lingering as a threat.

Three months?! Come on.

2 Likes

I must say, I expected to have more fun in the PFB+ portion of this website. I have the sads after reading this.

7 Likes