CFB Coaching carousel thread

Down goes Taggert

I wonder who/what FSU does for a replacement. Program is in shambles and the ACC doesn’t bring in the $ the sec big 10 or even the big 12 does.

1 Like

It seems like they should at least kick the tires on Mike Norvell right?

2 Likes

Love Bill Connelly.

2 Likes

Apparently FSU was already operating at a deficit and now the buyout for Taggart and his assistants is over 20 million. Going to make the search tough, and they pretty much have to knock it out of the park.

They raised 20mil in private donations just to buy them out lol

FSU is done. USC/Nebraska level bad for the foreseeable future. Their facilities are way behind everybody in their region. They don’t have the money to lure a top coach. They just fired a guy a year and a half into his tenure.

No way anybody worth a lick takes that job. Norvell is going to hold out for something better. Might as well hire Terry Bowden and just let it ride.

1 Like

What if they got Leach tho

FSU Candidates

This list has some interesting candidates:

• Mark Stoops
  • Mike Norvell
  • PJ Fleck
  • Brent Venbles
  • Tony Elliott
  • Lane Kiffin
  • Willie Fritz
  • Gus Malzahn

Location helps with recruiting so they got that going for them (which is nice). That said, it hasn’t helped USC stay relevant sooooo…

1 Like

Didn’t the USC sanctions have more to do with them struggling lately?

Good point. Don’t recall the specifics and or how recent those are

Reporters in Fl saying Bob Stoops is in Tallahassee now finalizing deal to coach FSU with Kendall Briles to stay as OC and possible HC in waiting and having Jim Leavitt as DC!!

I wouldn’t be mad. Leach is a terror

That would indicate that this was more planned out than the booster revolt it was originally reported as.

I … have a hard time seeing this happen.

2 Likes

FSU alumni throwing out money like it’s candy. Can’t even imagine the amount of money that was offered just to get bob to fly in.

Yeah but when Jimbo asked for a new player lounge, they scoffed at it… which is a big part of why he left.

Their priorities are misplaced… and their athletic department’s operating budget is at a deficit right now.

1 Like

PJ Fleck gets an extension that includes a 10 million buyout to leave Minnesota. P5 to P5 jumps are going to get more rare as I bet all of the extensions announced this year have similar numbers.

1 Like

Hahahahahahah wtf

Lol, a “fascinating situation” indeed, that would ensure FSU’s suckage for years to come.