Clemson is the Model

Here’s something we don’t do that LSU and Clemson do that would probably help.

3 Likes

Why not. They are already under investigation for football and basketball. Nice of OBJ to reenact how he became a Tiger ;).

It is already known the NCAA is investigating Kansas and LSU. Football and basketball are involved at both schools. LSU has received more of the headlines. Wiretaps of Will Wade talking about ‘strong’ offers to prospective players may be all the evidence the NCAA needs to punish Wade and the school.

More recently, it has been alleged an LSU booster used misappropriated funds from a foundation to pay the father of a former LSU player. That player, Vadal Alexander played for the Bengal Tigers from 2012-2015. It has been reported the NCAA has an ongoing investigation into the LSU football and basketball programs.

The question is, when? I’m so sick of the waiting game.

And also, what about Sean Miller at Arizona? What happened there?

I think we might have to start admitting that our facilities aren’t “top” in the country anymore. Not saying they aren’t first class, but they aren’t gonna separate us now. Every major school has upgraded to meet the trend that Oregon and OSU started.

2 Likes

It’s been 10 years now for the locker room! Looking at Texas, OU, and even Memphis has a better locker room. I want all of our sports to have great facilities but other schools just don’t care as much.

oSu ranked in the top 15 in facilities in 2019. That should the more than enough to sign top 40 classes. If oSu starts signing top 25 classes and facilities are holding them back from top 10 classes then it would be an issue. Just another worn out excuse IMO when hiring practices is the obvious reason for recruiting drop off.

1 Like

I guess that’s a matter of opinion. About the facility rankings I mean

I guess my question is, what exactly are recruits looking for when it comes to “facilities”? I feel like as long as they have a great field to practice on…great indoor facility for bad weather…great weight room, which we clearly still have, and WILL have for awhile…what else do they need?

It just seems a bit overboard when you start putting in all this extra BS that doesn’t seem to have a measurable effect on anything, like a bunch of TVs? Video game consoles? They’re not there to be entertained. They’re there to play a game. They can play video games and watch TV on their free time.

Am I wrong? Is that an #old response?

I think the bottom line is from a facilities perspective we used to be #waybehind. Then, we were suddenly #ahead. Now, we are roughly #even with the leaders - facilities are neither a differentiator nor a drawback.

1 Like

OK BOOMER (is that allowed on this site?)

3 Likes

Allowed and apropos as a response, lol.

Take my comment…imagine a guy rambling at the end of the bar. That’s me.

4 Likes

FIFY, Chimpy boy

5 Likes

Can you imagine Mason Rudolph doing this after a Big 12 title game and how that would all go down? The chaos. The outrage. Also, if OSU tweeted out that get the nat video that LSU tweeted after the game. Almost like two different sports.

I mean…didn’t we do that in a game earlier in the season?

I think the very issue you posted above it a lot more than many are taking into account… paying for players. I really feel it is a LOT more rampant that many of us know and we frankly have not been willing to do it. Mostly because Boone said so. He said he would never give another dime if we got caught cheating like that and I think Holder took his word and laid down the law for Gundy on that. I also wonder if that might be one of the things that Gundy and Holder got sideways over in the past. Now I am not saying we should do it or not, just that we know others are and I am pretty sure we have not at all.

I’m not saying the extras are “needed”, but there is stuff that adds some “fluff” value. Clemson has a slide they are known for in the locker room. Little stuff like that. I think you proved Gundys method tho. He wants guys that are there to work. Not for the “fluff”. Otherwise known as “buying into the Cowboy Culture”. As far as the Burrow cigar pic. Wasn’t Knowles known for that at Duke? I haven’t seen it here. Do you think that was made off limits by Gundy?

OSU (very strictly) is a tobacco free campus so that probably has the most to do with it

1 Like

Couldn’t find a good one, so went with this:

Check this video out of Clemson.

@kyleporterCBS

Except for the slide, we have most of that same stuff… just need to market it better. Do you think our football team has an official tiktok account? I didn’t even know what it was until AJ Ferrari started talking about it… but I’m an old.

4 Likes