Colorado Reportedly in Serious Talks to Possibly Rejoin Big 12, Deion Sanders' Support Could be Key

So how about this for 20 teams?

Didn’t realize liberty, va, unc and duke were so close . I’d rather get Pitt or Miami than some of the other teams on the map .

1 Like

I could definitely agree with adding either in place of one of those. Like Pitt for VTech. I really like adding Liberty as they have made huge investments in athletics lately and they are one of the largest private schools in the country. I don’t know if UNC or Duke is an option but I had also assumed that Miami was likely not an option. I also think adding UL could be nice. LSU has long been the flagship school in LA but I think you could add a whole new TV market by adding the Cajuns. I like the idea of getting into new states while still keeping teams somewhat close together. I could give up Memphis without a fuss but this layout adds: CO, LA, TN, KY, NC, VA, and PA (assuming you swap Pitt for VTech).

The current Big12 has only been in 5 states. This Fall that improves to 8. The above (w/ Pitt) would make it 15 states. 4 of the new states being in SEC territory. They invaded our space, let’s invade theirs.

1 Like

Absolutely no to the Buffs.
They have excelled in cross country and nothing else. Big 12 does not need a bottom feeder.
Deon is a media clown looking to showoff. So I say, shove off!

5 Likes

I’d take Memphis over Louisiana . I’ll have to look into liberty a little harder now that you mention it .

1 Like

I also think that states matter. Big 10 (w/ USC & UCLA) is in 12 states. SEC (w/ Oklahoma) is in 12 states.

1 Like

I was using smu in reference to CU, not in reference to other schools being better than SMU.

1 Like

I could go for San Diego St, but I would hate to see us break into divisions and most of OSU game are west coast if we got stuck playing in that division. I still would like to watch our pokes before midnight. Not to mention the east coast bias that comes in when it comes to awards and recognition (including polls).

4 Likes

I feel the exact same way

1 Like

This. A thousand times. Nail in coffin. Don’t take the foot off the throat.

Im really tied of all this talk, its been going on to long.
It will happen. The pac 12 has no one to buy their games. Even if they had some one why would the pay alot. No competition means low value.

I hope they are running teams past espn and fox. I dnt want are deal to go lower.
So go to 16 thats 4 team of 4 pools. 1 team will be screwed. 1 team will have to go east.

1 Like

PAC 12 only has the west coast watching, which there are a lot of TVs but have you seen a crowd at UCLA lately ? A high school would hold them all. Too many things to do there on the coast. USC wasn’t drawing anyone before Riley went. I’m not crazy about watching us play after 10 either. I think the PAC is about to sink. Please don’t give us Colorado

1 Like

USC leaving was a clear cut sign of the PAC as we know it dissolving. The Big 12 needs to pick up some teams and theyll be fine. Colorado would be a great get strictly from it beginning a chain reaction that would lead to some other teams jumping on board too. The Big 12 without OU/TX doesnt have much luster. But the Big 12 with Colorado, AZ, ASU, and Utah? Thats a legitimate Conf.

2 Likes