Colorado Reportedly in Serious Talks to Possibly Rejoin Big 12, Deion Sanders' Support Could be Key

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/colorado-reportedly-in-serious-talks-to-possibly-rejoin-big-12-deion-sanders-support-could-be-key/

Former Big 12 member … to current Big 12 member?

Buffa-NO

Love me some prime time but idk if that’s enough to get me excited about having them back .

1 Like

How ironclad is Prime’s contract and how long can Boulder hang on to him? That may determine whether or not they stay relevant and the Big 12 really wants them back.

2 Likes

Good questions. I think he can be a big draw for CU but when he’s gone what then ?

2 Likes

Nope. You left, stay gone. The Big 12 has nothing to gain by adding Colorado.

3 Likes

I think the big 12 does have something to gain by getting Colorado’s intent to move. Arizona Arizona State and Utah. Colorado was just the first domino. . Don’t discount Yormarks Desire to make the big 12 a basketball powerhouse. This will provide a ton of content for ESPN. I don’t think everyone realizes how much content matters to these power networks. With that much basketball content, I can see ESPN backing off anything to do with the Pac 12 in order to see the big 12 be the pseudo third conference.

4 Likes

Good points

Let’s remember that it Bowlsby that expanded the B12 with its 4 new members not Yormark

1 Like

I say give them the boot! When they were discussing the possibility earlier the powers that be at Granola U said they have zero interest in rejoining the Big XII. Take Utah, Zona, Zona State and…Oregon State. Tell the rest, enjoy the Mountain West Conference!

B.ball doesn’t make much money/profit…football DRIVE$ revenue for 99% of all NCAA schools.

This is about survival at this point. If we have a chance to steal a few teams from the PAC and drive the nail in their coffin then do it, even if the financial gain is minimal. If not and you leave them breathing who knows what the future may look like. Remember not long ago it looked as if the Big 12 was a dead man walking and the PAC chose not to expand… don’t make the same mistake…

1 Like

A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

No for me on both , Colorado and sub prime. I haven’t liked him even before the Dez incident. If he’s even somewhat successful he’ll jump at the next highest offer. It irks me seeing him wear the cowboy hat. Colorado is another Stanford to me
If it happens, how long before Washington, Utah , and Oregon go to scrambling ,?

2 Likes

Basketball makes more money than you think. If you want to be one of the conference is still standing then you need to have something unique. We’re never going to compete with the Big Ten or the SEC as far as football product. If Basketball revenue didn’t matter, then why is the big 12 going after Gonzaga and UConn? I didn’t say that football wasn’t the top revenue producer. I just think that the commissioner is looking at a different perspective to maintain some leverage with media rights. You know ESPN still has to fill some timeslots in January February March.

2 Likes

How many teams is the correct amount of teams? 12? 14? 16? 20?

I would prefer SMU before CO. They bring much more to the table. Give me Arizona, ASU, Utah and SMU (if we can’t get Oregon or Washington…which I’m not a fan of traveling that far).

1 Like

We can barely compete in the Big 12 in football and Boynton has run the basketball program into the ground. With all of these new teams coming in OSU has zero chance to compete at all. We are a joke.

Have to disagree with you on SMU. The Big 12 already has 4 teams in the state of Texas. Don’t need another one, let alone another team in the DFW metroplex. The conference needs to expand into new markets. No disrespect to SMU.

SDSU is way better than SMU.

2 Likes

I would agree. It gets the Big 12 into the SoCal market, which would be appealing to schools like Arizona and Arizona State.

1 Like