Compare and contrast Dru to Spencer

I’d love to see your thoughts on our QBs. I think Gundy made the right decision starting Spencer at the beginning of the season

Sanders has much higher ceiling. Much better running the ball and stronger arm. Brown more seasoned, accurate, and better at progressing through reads and making correct decisions. At the end of the day, it was the right call. I think we likely would have finished with 8 wins with either, and Sanders got to take his lumps.

1 Like

I think Spencer would’ve made the OU defense work harder, and therefore could’ve kept their offense off the field, making the game more competitive.

5 Likes

I’d be curious if Dru would develop in games over the course of season like Spencer did.

This is going to be very unpopular, but I actually think we may have been 9-2 or maybe 10-1 going into Bedlam had Brown started all year. Love Sanders and can’t wait until next year, but just my honest thought.

1 Like

I don’t think we lose to Taco Tech if Brown is at QB. Thats not a knock on Sanders, but Dru takes what the defense gives him, whereas Sanders was at that point trying to make stuff happen too much, and it cost him turnovers that game. Now that being said, I think you saw Sanders grow from that outing (and a few others) and toward the end he realized he didn’t have to make each and every play if it wasn’t there…