Conference Realignment Chatter

The BIG PACt

2 Likes

Houston networks donā€™t mean anything in this.

1 Like
1 Like

The name I have seen most thrown around (though mostly as a joke) is the Surf and Turf conference.

7 Likes

This is brilliant. Dammit

3 Likes

Now the kicker is how much is this deal worth?

If a merger happens, that would mean the P12 commish was baited into it. Therefore, we should call it the MBC.

Master Baiter conference.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Is that an Antonio Brown Mr. Big Chest (MBC) joke? Here on PFB?

1 Like

Weā€™ll play our CCG at whichever stadium bang bros sponsors so itā€™ll be the BBC. (If you donā€™t understand this joke, donā€™t ask).

1 Like

Potentiallyā€¦

1 Like

ā– ā– ā– ā– , was really hoping the big 12 could have jumped on this.

3 Likes

After stumbling in 2020 in regards to football, Warren has seemed to redeem himself.

The streaming services said that they were not interested in any conference that only covered a single region. So far the B1G is the only conference that will have teams from coast to coast. Thus the Big 12 never had a chance though we might if we can add some of the west coast PAC teams.

2 Likes

Apple is going to reinvent streaming just like they reinvented the mobile phone - they are sinking a ton of $$$ it. Irrespective, I could totally see a streaming service (whether Amazon, YouTube, Apple, etc.) being competitive with or even beating an ABC/ESPN bid.

1 Like

This. Iā€™ve seen this idea floating around that we go forward without the noobs. Can we legally do that right now?

1 Like

Conference could dissolve with all 10 current votes. They donā€™t have a vote yet. Setting up a new conference with PAC

5 Likes

Is it possible to transfer the autonomy or whatever it is the Big 12 and PAC get from being Power Five?

Good question but I would think so.

1 Like

I would think two autonomy power five conferences merging would sustain all the rights of a power conference lol but that may be too obvious for the ncaa.

1 Like