Conference Realignment Chatter

@AlabamaPoke - have you heard anything else?

1 Like

Letā€™s just go win a Natty in FB this year and see who wants us after that.

Lightning in a bottle, baby!

4 Likes

I donā€™t trust any source, period. I do know this person well, and I donā€™t think they would lie. There are many side conversations going at the highest levels and lots of politics. There appears to be no single consensus in the room at this moment.

3 Likes

Teams improve when they join the SEC

I havenā€™t posted a formal update because this stuff isnā€™t particularly exciting. Itā€™s more of the same old, same old. OSU has still had conversations with the Big Ten. The Big Ten has spoken to Fox and their other potential tv partners about potential adds. OSU is one of those schools along with ND, Stanford, Washington, Oregon, and a few others. Iā€™m speculating on ND and Stanford based on reports, Iā€™m very confident that Oregon and Washington are both really strong candidates for the B1G still. Conversations are ongoing with the SEC. This thing is just going to take 18 months to play out. I hate sending posts like this because it is the ultimate ā€œsay a lot of things and hedge your betsā€ post. Thatā€™s annoying to me which is why I havenā€™t posted it.

19 Likes

Bingo. Itā€™s a cluster. Everyone that says anything publicly is just a leverage play.

2 Likes

Good to see itā€™s beyond me that heard the Big Ten

Iā€™ve never hedged :cry:

1 Like

Oh absolutely not. That was a shot at national media more than anything. And random Twitter people.

1 Like

The No blue check mark Twitter experts drive me insane because they dangle nuggets of truth that everyone knows and then extrapolate it wildly and recklessly when there isnā€™t anything there.

1 Like

I think like 5-6 people in here heard the same on the Big Ten too

1 Like

The person I know said Big 10 as well about the same time @Dribble. The momentum supposedly recently shifted more SEC but everything is still in play in back channels. Even those talking in the room on this decision on OSUā€™s behalf donā€™t trust each other, which is why I said no ā€œsourceā€ can be trusted, period.

1 Like

Hey @marshall I triple dog dare you to ask Shrum and Weiberg about the Big Ten :eyes:

9 Likes

Big 12 teams are 1 for 2. And iffy on the 1, although things are looking up for A&M I guess.

Did you miss Mizzou winning the SEC East twice?

So then why are these other schools mentioned in basically any thread discussing potential B10 expansion but OSU has never been mentioned one time by any of them? Shrum asking the B10 to treat OSU like a highly classified case that they are not allowed to mention our name under any circumstances or something?

3 Likes

100% get that. Itā€™s good info though . Appreciate it!

2 Likes

With B12 players immediately after they moved over. They won 8+ 6 straight years on their way out of the B12. Then used those players to win 10+ twice right off the bat in the SEC. theyā€™ve been a doormat ever since. 2 winning seasons since 2014. And basketball is down for them too.

1 Like

When the Big 12 GOR is expiring and teams start floating their name to elevate their leverage, youā€™ll hear half the Big 12 with links to the SEC and B1G. Most of that will be just noise. Itā€™s allllll leverage for negotiations. Even when guys who are plugged in are reporting things, theyā€™ve been given that information for a specific reason.

4 Likes

I read messages here. I feel good. I go online. They have more TCU to BIG rumors than OSU to any other conference rumors. I feel sad.

3 Likes