Cowgirl Hoops: Oklahoma State Beats No. 19 Iowa State 73-68

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/cowgirl-hoops-oklahoma-state-beats-no-19-iowa-state-73-68/

The Cowgirls have 20 wins.

They will get ranked now. They should get 3rd. Great first year

1 Like

Really enjoyed watching the Cowgirls win this one!

This is the year women saved face for OSU athletics. In my view (including history and spring expectations):

1. Cowgirls Softball
  2. Cowgirls Basketball
  3. Men’s & Women’s XCountry
  4. Men’s Tennis
  5. Women’s Soccer/Equestrian
  6. Baseball
  7. Wrestling
  8. Men’s Basketball
  9. Men’s Golf/Women’s Golf
  10. Football
3 Likes

Coach Hoyt is a great coach even if she couldn’t take your breath in that leopard print dress!! Great look with the tennis shoes. …and a great job of coaching this year. There should be some kind of performance bonus where she gets Gundy money and he gets hers until he starts doing some coaching again too!! (Did I say that???)

(It does make me anxious when she has them hold the ball until ONLY 8 or so seconds left trying to Gundy the clock. It almost cost us the TTech win as we couldn’t find a good shot and started that way too early. Just to keep it real, and not a complete Coach Hoyt love/crush fest!! lol)

GO POKETTES!!! :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball: :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball: :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face:

…and just one other note. Coach Hoyt is the ONLY first year head coach to get 20 wins at oSu, in my mind. I know that is technically not correct, but Coach Littrell was already coaching at oSu. Coach Littrell took over Coach Budke’s roster and recruits without a lot of rebuilding the team. Despite his genuine efforts and sincerity, for the next 10 years the program was on a steady decline. Coach Hoyt need not share the distinction of 20 wins in her first year after ever stepping foot on our campus with anyone.

jmho… GO POKETTES!!! softball pokettes too!! :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball: :cowboy_hat_face:

If I retired tomorrow and moved back to Payne county, I would buy season tickets for softball and wbb first and fast. I would sit and think about the cost of season tickets to watch Gundy’s guys and Boynton’s boys be absolutely inconsistent as hell!!! (can you say ‘hell’ on this blog?? lol)

Its funny some guys are talking about getting players and coaches from lower levels. Then talking how great hoyt is doing. Sutton started at hs then juco.