Cowgirl Soccer - big 12 champs

Way to go ladies!

That second goal was beautiful.

2 Likes

This is awesome. I love seeing OSU kick butt, no matter the setting.

Due to trick-or-treating with the kids, I watched this on-demand. That second goal was. Nasty.

The ladies did what they needed against an inferior opponent which they have done all year. What was that stat ESPN+ showed? The Cowgirls have outscored opponents 45-12 now, or something similar?

I think that stat is right. This team is so fun to watch. I’m on cloud 9 this morning for a conference title and doing it with a victory over baylor. And without Grace Yockam! (sp?)

And that ou game? Miserable conditions and our Cowgirls were attacking & defending like it was 75 and sunny while the land thieves were shivering.

Conference Championships of ANY type do more for my disposition than just about anything else! Pre-season with zero expectations and now Champs…does not get much better…was attendance high?

Attendance wasn’t awesome, but not abysmal either.

Not bad for a cold Halloween night.

Going from pre-season 7th pick to conference champions is impressive!

This team is for real.

And if anyone that has not been following them and is looking for a non-Tylan “I need some positive OSU news” - I invite you to find the second goal from last night’s game. It was world class.

1 Like

Big 12 tournament starts today vs. OU

I’m curious how the land thieves will look today. When they played last the weather was brutal. Granted - the tough as nails Cowgirls looked like it was a balmy 75 in the sunshine the way they played. But ou looked like they would have rather been anywhere but NPS the way they played. The Cowgirls dominated and I wonder if they have their number mentally or if it was just the conditions.

I’m thinking the Sooners will look better. They had absolutely nothing to play for, except pride, I guess. They looked beaten before the last game started. Shivering, passive, unprepared.

That said, the Cowgirls are on a roll and brimming with confidence. I’m feeling a 3-2 win for the Cowgirls.

I’d take 3-2 for sure. Do you know if Yockham is going to play?

sooners definitely came to play today

I admit to horrible anti-sooner bias, but sure seems like they are quick to take the dive today

Nice comeback by the Cowgirls!

1 Like

They will not be denied!!!

Meh, probably my bias speaking also, but the Sooner players really bug me. Kaylee Dao, I dont care how good a person and player she is, should have been carded once, if not twice. Stepping up to the official and that tackle in Jaci (I think it was) were bad.

There is a fine line between chippy/aggressive & whiny. One of the things I love about women’s soccer is that the teams just go after each other with hard tackles and physical play. No dives, no complaining to the refs, no trying to get penalties. As I was watching the ou players it was maddening. Like, if I wanted to see players argue for a whistle each time they get dispossessed I’d watch a European men’s game.

1 Like