Cowgirl Soccer - big 12 champs

Good girls up 2-0

2 Likes

3-1 good girls

2 Likes

That’s a winner 3-1 goon goal was on own goal.

1 Like

This may sound like a completely ignorant question, and I apologize if it is, but was the own goal really bad? Obviously it wasn’t a good thing, but I’m not a huge soccer person, so I don’t fully understand it all, but is that common or is that a “Not top ten” type of thing?

So the scenario now is if OSU beats Baylor, or Texas loses either of their last two, then OSU is the Big 12 champ right?

Correct. I just said in another thread that the Bedlam draw early in the season still has the potential to haunt us. Baylor isn’t a great squad, Texas has a much tougher road.

2 Likes

Ball pings around. Defender tries to get a touch on a shot or a pass and it deflects past the keeper. It happens and is no reflection on the quality of a team - in a one off scenario.

2 Likes

Bedlam draw means nothing. It’s a non conference game. Texas has to take two. One win and one draw would just tie us (if we lost our last) and we have the tie breaker.

Just beat Baylor and end the drama lol

1 Like

Ahh, that’s right. Forgot that the first game was non-con. Thanks.

Looking at Texas’ schedule, they play Texas Tech tomorrow on the Longhorn Network, if anyone’s wanting to watch to see if OSU wins the Big 12.

Texas lost to Tech. I think that means OSU just won the Big 12

3 Likes

Heck yes! Go Pokes! Put another title on the board.

2 Likes

Actually now that I look at the standings, OSU is 6-1-1 and Tech is now 5-1-2. So if Tech wins and OSU loses then Tech would win the Big 12 as they would be 6-1-2 and OSU would be 6-2-1.

If Tech wins and OSU ties Baylor then they would both be 6-1-2. I believe Tech would win the conference because they have the head to head over OSU, but I don’t really know the tiebreaker rules.

I have no idea what a 5-1-3 Tech vs. a 6-2-1 OSU means, but that’s a possibility also.

I should probably just stick to wrestling.

3 Likes

Seth soccer commentary is the reason I subbed to PFB+.

4 Likes

So a Tech fan in my office just talked smack to me about this so now I care.

Going to tune in and watch the game tonight. If the Pokes win, they lock up the conference title, right?

3 Likes

Yes or if tech ties

1 Like

2-0 Pokes with 30 minutes left in the first half. That’s pretty wild… But awesome.

2-0 at halftime.

If the production for wrestling is as good as it is for soccer on ESPN+ then it’s going to be pretty great.

1 Like

I agree. It has been pretty impressive. Looking forward to the wrestling coverage. This would be much better than flo.

1 Like

3-0 and flat dominating the second half

2 Likes