Daily Bullets (Apr. 15): Is Donovan Williams Better for the Pokes than JT Thor?

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-apr-15-is-donovan-williams-better-for-the-pokes-than-jt-thor/

The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Perfectly Roasted in Historic Guthrie. Two Bags Ship Free. Order Now! Football next spring? Can you imagine a more fun spring: NBA, college basketball and football, and college baseball in the same few months. Bullets Rundown • Donovan Williams a better fit for OSU than JT Thor? • Save more money by cutting programs than coaching salaries • Gundy needs to call some recruits before playing doctor OSU Bullets • This was an interesting line of thought, is Donovan Williams better for OSU than JT Thor would have been? Granted, Thor would have taken some of the pressure on Cade Cunningham but I also wonder whether that would have been a good fit. Thor is someone that is really good with the ball in his hands, but so is Cunningham. Throw in Isaac Likekele, who is another jumbo guard-wing, and what you have is three talented players that need the ball in their hands to be at their best. Thor may have raised their ceiling for what they could accomplish but Williams might have addressed the Pokes’ bigger need: shot-making. [Rivals] That’s the kind of optimism I can get behind.…

The question is Donovan Williams a better fit than JT Thor? The Answer is No! Does the 50 ranked player in 2020 class and number 8 PF a fit for a thin front line? Yes. I hope Donovan Williams can make a difference and shoot at a high level, but as far as a need Thor was an important piece.