Daily Bullets (Feb. 27): Mike Holder Weighs In On Transfer Eligibility, Tony Allen Coming Home

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-feb-27-mike-holder-weighs-in-on-transfer-eligibility-tony-allen-coming-home/

Without the university scandals and Big Ten money, I love the Michigan State comp for OSU. Bullets Rundown • Holder on transfer eligibility • W (number 43) coming to Stillwater • Three qs for spring football Scores • BB: Cowboys 12, UALR 0 • WBB: Cowgirls 74, Texas Tech 58 OSU Bullets • Mike Holder chatted it up at the Tulsa Rotary Club yesterday and shared his stance on immediate eligibility for transfers. “I don’t want to take a year of eligibility away from them,” Holder said. “If they’ve already redshirted a year and then they transfer and lose a year of eligibility, I’m not for that, either. But I think that you should have to take a year off.” [TulsaWorld] That’s a legitimate stance: for the NCAA to soften it’s “five-years-to-play-four stance” to a “enjoy your victory lap if you want a sixth” – it fits the times. I can’t imagine how much that would cost member institutions (an extra redshirt year to transfer with) to pay for that extra year but I suppose teams receiving talent won’t mind. • This was big-time – a former president is throwing out the first pitch at OSU’s new baseball stadium •…