Daily Bullets (Feb. 8): Football Programs Like OSU, Focus on Recruiting North Texas

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-feb-8-football-programs-like-osu-focus-on-recruiting-north-texas/

Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news. OSU Bullets • Fun read on the Cowboys’ focus on recruiting DFW and the group of young players from there (247 Sports) • Pittsburgh Steelers are open to trading for a new QB, Mason Rudolph hasn’t won the job at this point (CBS Sports) • Here are what appears to be the closest thing to Cowboy Football’s kindred spirits: Programs like Utah, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State have always found profound success without historic recruiting classes, and that doesn’t figure to change anytime soon. [HCS] • Less star power but more depth for the current Cowgirls Softball squad (PFB) • Three matches left for the Pokes: Big time duals coming up for the Cowboys! Be there and be loud :cowboy_hat_face::tickets:: http://okla.st/WrestlingTix pic.twitter.com/bJdqJHZcbe— Oklahoma State Athletics (@OSUAthletics) February 7, 2024 Non-OSU Bullets • FOX + ESPN combining to start a streaming service is pretty wild • Evaluating the Super Bowl teams position-by-position •

As an OSU alum and long time Steelers fan I want Rudolph to leave Pittsburgh. Because they will never give him a chance and want him to flourish! Top Steelers brass deserve the mire they put themselves in, Mason does not.

4 Likes

“Programs like Utah, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State have always found profound success without historic recruiting classes, and that doesn’t figure to change anytime soon.”

What’s the definition of “profound success” here? Is it winning games and never winning the conference? Or is it winning the conference and going through a rough patch two or three seasons every decade?

2 Likes

Gundy will never win another conference championship.

1 Like

Like i have always sound you need to buy a dictionary.

1 Like

And you need to figure out how to enable auto text on your phone.

I hope Mason finds a new home where he gets a real shot at starting or solid backup. Atlanta needs a qb !! Team up with Zac … I know nothing about their OL though
Steeler fans are really fickle, Mason is their man now but what if he loses some games

1 Like