Daily Bullets (Jan. 6): Great News vs. Good News This Week, Monken's Got Options

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-jan-6-great-news-vs-good-news-this-week-monkens-got-options/

Big Monday tonight! It might be fun but I’m not promising anything. Big Monday. Big stage. Big game. Get loud and help us extend our win streak against No. 16 West Virginia. :tickets: https://t.co/GlR9dBg6JL#LetsWork I #GoPokes pic.twitter.com/wP6G8BoeJe — Cowboy Basketball (@OSUMBB) January 6, 2020 Bullets Rundown • Great news vs. good news this week • Monken’s (most definitely) got options • QB battle? OSU Bullets • Let’s play a game of the way this week could play out: with bad news or good news. If (Chuba Hubbard) doesn’t (return), Gundy attempts to reload at running back while taking into 2020 a defense that could be the best he’s ever had. Most of the starters and backups return for a defense that achieved big-time improvement during the second half of the season. [Tulsa World] That’s not really that bad… right? There’s lots of potential on defense to go with a promising passing attack and a reloaded offensive line. The line rests between “good” and “great” not “good” and “bad”. Then again… After a flurry of activity last week, two big-ticket developments are on deck: the Hubbard decision and Gundy’s coordinator hire. Depending on those results, this OSU offseason could be at…

When’s the last time our defense was “good”?! It’s either Gundy micro managing or Knowles isn’t as good as advertised. He said he likes his DBs to bump receivers at the line, I haven’t seen it much at all. None of our DBs look back for the ball when it’s obviously in the air, like most turrible DB play these days, we even see it in the NFL. Kids these days who play DB would do well to play outfield cause you learn…eventually…on a deep ball that’s way over your head to look back for the pill.

More variety would be good too. Let a guy like Ford line up in different spots to wreak more havoc. More stunts, might need to go back to 4-3 with Bundage coming back and with best tacklers in Rodriguez and Ogbongbemiga consistently making plays.