Daily Bullets (June 15): Cowgirls Round Out Their Pitching Circle, Fun Brands for OSU's Field Rights

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-june-15-cowgirls-round-out-their-pitching-circle-fun-brands-for-osus-field-rights/

Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news. Three Thoughts • Cowgirls are at it again – assembling another excellent pair of pitchers. It’s amazing the work this group is doing: (RyLee) Crandall is the second big name that Oklahoma State softball has landed since the end of the 2024 season, with Washington pitcher Ruby Meylan also announcing her commitment to the Pokes on June 6. [HCS] • It’s kind of a bummer that competing for recruits is the most competitive OSU and OU Football will be for the next year (PFB) • Enjoyed this fun little list of potential brands to go on the OSU field – what would you put on there? My answer is BP Capital with a h/t to Mr. Pickens (O’Colly) Two Quotes • Love seeing how quickly Kenny Gajewski got after his incoming ace in the transfer portal: “Our team kind of broke apart,” Meylan told me during a phone interview, “and a lot of girls decided to leave. I was like, ‘OK, it’s probably in my best interest (to leave, too).'” (Ruby) Meylan heard from OSU coach Kenny Gajewski less than 15 minutes after her name hit…

1 Like

Very disappointing showing at the US Open by Cowboy golfers. To be fair to Hovland and Fowler, Alex Noren and Eugenio Chacarra also missed cut. Eckroat made cut at +4 and, I know we still claim Wyndham Clark – who also made cut.

1 Like

I don’t like the midfield logo change. I think that needs to stay with each respective schools logo. Now if you want to sell the rights to the logos on the 25 yard line where the conference logo traditionally goes that’s fine but I would hate to show up to BPS and see the giant OSU replaced with a company logo.

1 Like

Love’s Travel Stops would never…owner Tom Love is a huge zerOU boo$ter.