Daily Bullets (June 16): Baseball All-Americans and Attrition

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-june-16-baseball-all-americans-and-attrition/

Thanks for stopping by - here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.

1 Like

The bb team line up is what i would start.

Great for jake struck around long enough for people to notice him. That could be both all Americans going first round.

Disappointing about davis. Best of luck to all. I guess nolen is just waiting to see where he is drafted?

1 Like

Huey is not going to make in pro ball.
I was disappointed to see Jackson Holliday ranked number 3 player in the MLB draft. That could go to his head and make him decide to go pro instead of attending OSU. If I was Matt Holliday I would tell the kid that he should delay entry to pro ball in favor of the once in a lifetime opportunity to be coached by father and uncle at least for a few years. I would explain that the money will be there, so focus on the fun of college life before going into the business world of pro ball. We need a slugger after losing our top 2 hitters. This kid has the potential to be another Robin Ventura.

3 Likes

Number 3 is hard to pass. I think as many he is gone.
Same with his brother, when its his turn.

1 Like

It’s hard to pass up the money but I get where you are coming from. It’s not a done deal until it happens. I bet the dad and uncle are telling him to hone his talent and experience the full college experience. It might not be that far fetched to think he will play at oSu.

2 Likes

I love the way you guys are thinking but a # 3 pic is not something anybody passes up.

1 Like

In a case like this I would suggest a family intervention. You get Tom, Dave, Matt and Josh Holliday and you sit this kid down and show him his father’s financial statement showing that the kid will be set for life as far as income goes. So go be a Cowboy for at least one year, party hard, enjoy the co-eds and football games, basketball, not so much. And then make some money going pro. But college party time comes first. If the kid was a pitcher, thus a big chance for early career ending injury, it would be different, he then would need to go pro to grab the signing bonus. In fact, I think Mike Boynton should be part of this intervention. And for god’s sake, do not order pizza from Hide Away for the intervention. Have the affair catered by Eskimo Joe’s. Promise the kid a new Land Rover if he signs with OSU and throw in a hunting Beagle. Get it done Holliday family! If all else fails, lay a big guilt trip on the kid. Tell him it looks like the team next season has a good chance to win it all, except they are missing a big time slugger.

2 Likes

That’s a projected pick. Nothing on paper and guaranteed money yet.

2 Likes

I would love for him to stay just like his dad. I think we will need strong vodoo for him to stay
A middle infielder with power will be wanted.

1 Like

I don’t see him staying either but , there is always the hope…. College baseball is as good as most A clubs anymore, just not as many games. Jackson could built his strength and weaknesses up while playing 3 years. Here’s hoping he does
Go Pokes :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like