Daily Bullets (June 22): OSU's Place in the Pecking Order, Underrated Ollie

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-june-22-osus-place-in-the-pecking-order-underrated-ollie/

Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news. Three Thoughts • This chart ranking best teams in college football leagues is great – hard to argue with OSU being the No. 2 team in the new Big 12 (X) • The end result is College World Series teams but adding players like this catcher from NC State is a significant part of Kenny Gajewski’s process (Substack) • It’s unbelievable how underrated Ollie Gordon is. And (Ollie Gordon is) still college football’s best-kept secret; according to Las Vegas oddsmakers, that is. In the most recent run of Heisman Trophy futures, Gordon was tagged with +15000 odds to take home the sport’s top individual award. That put him 53rd on the list of eligible athletes, alongside the likes of Nebraska true freshman quarterback Dylan Raiola and Ohio State’s Julian Sayin, who’s expected to back up starting signal caller Will Howard in his first year with the Buckeyes. [CBS Sports] Two Quotes • Can anyone contest this? Highly doubtful. Nothing is better than the best Cheese Fries in College Football!:link:: http://okstate.com/tickets :cowboy_hat_face: https://twitter.com/hailstate/status/1804243829371080951 pic.twitter.com/pmy0dfzvXh — OKSTProbs (@OKSTProbs) June 22, 2024 • Keep your eyes out for Oklahoma State to add a couple of more bigs before…

Definitely not a resume metric.

1 Like

Utah numbers are based on the pac 12 being equal to other conferences. Utah has got a lot of points for winning 2 titles and 4 title games in past 6 years.

Look at those accomplishments. 11 win utah lost the alamo bowl to a 7 win texas.
The two title seasons had 8 loses. Byu beat up the pac 12. Talk about g5 losses. 2 ranked teams in conference some years.
Utah is getting a lot of love for this. Same with this season. By vegas odds, they only play 1 team in the top 6. They have a good chance of going to the title game because of a weak schedule. Utah is a nice team, but running the league no.
Im not solid on their run defense on how they let baylor( worst run offense in b12) run the ball last year. Even there locked on guy says they have a mid oline. Lots of loses in db. Then you have an if on what every utah is basing the season on, rising. If he is the same player. If he stays healthy.
One utah fan was so proud how close they played washington. I know ucla, Colorado and baylor were proud how well they play utah. Lol.last year they had injuries.

Rings matter. One could easily make the argument that TCU, KSU and Baylor should be ranked higher than OSU on that list. OSU is consistently in the upper half, but rarely (2011) at the peak. Do you want the school that’s always in the race but never wins or the school that doesn’t always make the race, but when it does, has come away with the trophy?

And I take bowl game stats and outcomes with a huge grain of salt, especially over the past 5-7 years. Even non-playoff BCS bowls don’t matter any more. Just look at the Ohio State bowl game last year? How many draft picks did they have opt out? The only thing that team had in common with the team that lost to Michigan was the uniform.

2 Likes

I also watched a 10-4 OSU team get beat 33-7 and home by USA. If you’re going to give criticism then you should probably think about what you want to say before posting it. At least Utah can win the conference more than once while having to face the likes of USC, Oregon, and Washington.

Really utah beat nobody last year. Beating bad good teams is not winning. You just want to get that usa game in. Utah lost to 2 g5 in 1 year. So come on and shut up. Pathetic

That has nothing to do with i said. Pac 12 titles are a watered-down title. Go ask baylor how they feel since 2021. Dave has a title and a losing record tcu has a tie title. Ksu historic coach bill coached for 27 years and 2 titles. Briles is your hero. Chris is 1 and 4 against gundy.

Are you making the case that Pac12 titles are watered down? Cause it sounds like the Big 12 is the one watered down.

1 Like

Jug you never had anything watered-down. Its simple to say it jug prove your point. I know you cant, you dnt know what evidence is.

Oklahoma State made the conference championship game after losing to USA who finished 7-6 lost to ISU who finished 7-6 and lost to UCF who finished 6-7. Losing to bad teams and making the championship game is watered down.

1 Like

Texas was a play off team. In 2021 we had more team in the ten then they had ranked.
When a g5 team goes 5 and 0 your league is weak. Jug i can pull stats all day long. Go take your usa lose back to the bar.

What??? We were graced with one of the easier schedules in the Big 12 last season, and I wasn’t even talking about last year regarding Utah anyway. You’re bouncing around more than Joe Biden.

UCF won 45-3 against us, and it was their first season in a P5, and they still finished with a losing record. While also being one of the worst defenses in the conference. That says more about us with our lack of preparation and readiness than it does about them. Like I said, you’re bouncing all over the place.

We beat 4 teams that were in the final coaches polls. Billy please stop. I was told not to make fun of your type…

I have no idea what your yalking. Utah won 2 title with 8 loses. I can point out 20 weak point of utah and pac 12

Exactly!!! You’re proving my point. We act like we don’t have to coach against G5 teams (or former G5 teams). We’re not in a position to be able to do that. Even Gundy himself admitted that after the embarrassing USA loss. Too bad that didn’t carry over to UCF.

Dude your mental. We were having alot of new stuff. New defense and blocking scheme the qb deal.

That sounds like excuses to me. You should be able to beat SA even with Backfoot having one hand tied around his back.

I like how you say " you" to me. As ive know your not a fan

Real fans love winning championships. They’re not always sold on a consolation prize.