Daily Bullets (Mar. 19): Potential Divisions after a Big 12/Pac-12 Merger

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-mar-19-potential-divisions-after-a-big-12-pac-12-merger/

This feels like the 30th day of coronavirus watch, no? Bullets Rundown • Potential divisions from a Pac-12 merger • Fun Cowboy Basketball vid • Offensive line recruit in the top 250 OSU Bullets • I can ingest realignment talk for all meals – loved this piece on the site about the Big 12-Pac 12 merger. Just look at this beautiful list of potential divisions: Big 12 North WVU Iowa State Kansas Kansas State Oregon Washington Oklahoma Oklahoma State Big 12 South USC UCLA Texas Texas Tech Baylor TCU Arizona Arizona State [PFB] I’m not a big fan of getting away from the Texas schools… While the Arizona schools make geographic sense, I’m not sold that it wouldn’t make more sense to add Colorado and Utah… Bring on the ski trips. • This OSU Basketball video is incredible: Planted, not buried: a story of resilience. #LetsWork I #GoPokes pic.twitter.com/QXW6fQC3FL — Cowboy Basketball (@OSUMBB) March 19, 2020 • A few Oklahoma boys with OSU offers are in the new top 247 recruits in the 2021 class – OSU needs to land at least a couple of these guys. Charlie Dickey continues to dominate as well: New rankings dropped on 247 for…

If big 12 & pac 12 ever actually do merge it would almost have to be a east west division due time time zone and travel issues

2 Likes

Bitter sweet to read Charlie Dickey is the best recruiter and position coach on staff. Time to find some more coaches that can get the job done and end the can’t recruit to Stillwater fallacy.

1 Like

In regards to the Big 12/Pac 12 merger idea, how about this crazy idea:

1. Iowa State and West Virginia ------> Big 10
  2. Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington ------> Big 12
  3. Cal, Oregon State, Stanford, Washington State ------> Mountain West
    The New Big 12:
    East: Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech
    West: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington
    You could have the Big 12 championship rotate between Arlington, TX and Glendale, AZ.
1 Like