Daily Bullets (Mar. 5): Senior Night in Stillwater, Another Cowboy Wins a Tour Stop

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-mar-5-senior-night-in-stillwater-another-cowboy-wins-a-tour-stop/

Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news. Scores Men’s Golf: Pokes are way down in 13th after two rounds in Cabo OSU Bullets • Pokes take on Texas Tech in the home finale at Gallagher-Iba tonight – the stat comparison between the two is narrow but the difference is eight wins (PFB) • Fun read looking at the former Cowboys (and Sooners) and seeing how they’re doing in college basketball (Sellout Crowd) • Another Cowboy from the 2018 championship team has won a PGA Tour stop (PFB) • Wrestling brackets have been released for the Big 12 Wrestling Tournament – see where the Pokes are ranked (PFB) • Impressive play by the Cowgirl: You didn’t think we forgot about @haidyn_soko making #SCTop10, did you? :face_exhaling: #GoPokes | #REP pic.twitter.com/vAkDdsahDK— OSU Cowgirl Softball (@cowgirlsb) March 4, 2024 Non-OSU Bullets • The 30 best birthday songs • Enjoyed this book on being a creator/creative (faith-based) How IMAX movies work:

Cowboy golf team needs a check-up from the neck-up. A better day yesterday, but somewhat hard to believe when you see a 79 and an 83 carded by team. Fortunately, the other three shot 69, 71 and 72.

Still, we would need a 2-hour Cessna ride to catch up to the leaders. Very disappointing.

1 Like

Can Hoyt coach the men’s team for the rest of the season?

Day 3 in Cabo.

For as long as I’ve followed Cowboy golf, this may be the worst performance in a single even that we’ve ever posted. I’m receptive and willing to listen to someone correct me.

Our “bell cow” is +10 after 12 holes today. We are in 14th place in a 15 team field, beating only Columbia who, I would suspect, has zero scholarship players.

No need to sugarcoat it: this is the bottom for OSU golf. And I’m not blaming Bratton. The players clearly have talent. They are going to have to re-commit.

You must be new to OSU athletics.