Daily Bullets (Mar. 9): OSU's NCAA Tourney Spot, A Poke Gets the Opening Day Nod

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-mar-9-osus-ncaa-tourney-spot-a-poke-gets-the-opening-day-nod/

Happy Monday – spring ball starts today in Stillwater. Bullets Rundown • Pokes’ NCAA tourney talk • B12 Conference tourney brackets here • OSU spring football preview Scores • Wrestling – Pokes win eighth-straight B12 title • WBB: Texas 63, Cowgirls 52 • SB: Cowgirls 11, Mo State 0 • WT: Cowgirls 6, TCU 1 OSU Bullets • It shouldn’t be nuts but somehow the Pokes are considered on some sort of “just missing it” list for the NCAA TOURNAMENT. [DRatings.com] I’m not sure about the qualifications for the site but that doesn’t seem as crazy when you consider this: With the win, OSU finished its regular season 7-3. Over the last month-plus, the Cowboys only losses came on the road to ranked teams No. 1 Kansas, No. 4 Baylor and West Virginia (the team that just beat the latter in Morgantown). [PFB] Just FYI – they have the Pokes currently as a two-seed in the NIT as well. • The brackets are out for the Big 12 Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments – men’s here and women’s here. Men open on Wednesday at 6pm against Iowa State while the women open Thursday at 6pm against OU. • Here’s a…

I wouldn’t get to excited about Illingworth because I don’t see him setting for 3 years waiting for Sanders to move on.