Daily Bullets (May 19): John Smith to the Hall, Mike Gundy an All-Time CFB Hire

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-may-19-john-smith-to-the-hall-mike-gundy-an-all-time-cfb-hire/

The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Perfectly Roasted in Historic Guthrie. Two Bags Ship Free. Order Now! Happy Tuesday – there are no known Covid-19 cases in Stillwater. OSU Bullets • I’ll take ten thoughts on just about anything right now but Ten Thoughts on Rickie and the Wolff was great • John Smith is set to be the first wrestler in the Oklahoma Hall of Fame • ESPN listed Mike Gundy as the 24th-best coaching hire in college football since 1995 – and his sustained level of top-25 finishes shines in the darkness since 1988. Oklahoma State had had just one Associated Press Top 25 finish (No. 24 in 1997) and four bowl appearances since 1988. The Cowboys had not won even a share of a conference title since 1976. [ESPN+ $$$] • I couldn’t stop looking at this old Pistol Pete – way more Yosemite Sam than the Pete we know and love today. Check out @OSUPistolPete from the 1965 NCAA wrestling tournament pic.twitter.com/yozY4VdNdf — Seth Duckworth (@Seth_Duckworth) May 16, 2020 • It wasn’t my favorite thing to read in the wake of the Collin Oliver commitment but OSU has struggled to hold onto…

How bad was the football program before Gundy took over? It took 7 years for Gundy to win a conference title, it been 9 years since he won that conference title. We here that is because it coincides with the great dominance at OU. It’s never mentioned that OU is in their longest drought without a National Championship since 1950. Is it possible that OU is not been as good as it has been in the past? Maybe everyone else in the conference just really sucks.

Did u see that top 25 hire by espn