Daily Bullets (May 26): Lots of Eddie Remembering, What's Chuba Tweeting?

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-may-26-lots-of-eddie-remembering-whats-chuba-tweeting/

The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Perfectly Roasted in Historic Guthrie. Two Bags Ship Free. Order Now! I hope you and yours’ had a great Memorial Day weekend – I love that we (as a culture) take a day to rest and remember what others’ have done. #MemorialDay pic.twitter.com/VEJ6inw4Ku — Mike Gundy (@CoachGundy) May 25, 2020 OSU Bullets • Larry Reece has the right take on what Eddie specifically did for Oklahoma State that meant so much. Then Sutton woke up the echoes. He didn’t so much fill up the seats at Gallagher-Iba as much as he filled up the spirits of those who sat in the orange chairs. “I tell you what he brought back, he brought back pride,” said Reece, a student in Sutton’s first season, 1990-91, and now the Cowboys’ associate athletic director for fund-raising. “He brought back pride almost overnight.” [NewsOK] I just remember feeling like “hey, OU’s got football but basketball is ours.” For a season, OU fans only had the comeback “…but football…” and it was glorious. Eddie Sutton racked up 8⃣0⃣6⃣ wins and 3⃣ Final Fours, but his biggest accomplishment was restoring pride in Cowboy basketball.#LetsWork I #GoPokes pic.twitter.com/X4FIvIfEcw…

According to cbs sports Chuba would not be eligible for the supplemental draft… but Michigan may not play football… I would guess he is hinting at Dax Hill transferring just a guess.

2 Likes

Am I crazy to think the Chuba tweets have to be good news on the horizon for Oklahoma State football. I don’t think even at his age you tease out some news for it to be negative. That would not sit well with Oklahoma State fans. Didn’t Chuba do something similar to this before he announced coming back for next season. And didn’t Oklahoma State have a pep rally of sorts in the Student Union and Chuba say he is coming back to win a national championship. Just thinking out loud.

I think it might just be something as simple as announcing that football is in fact going to be played, maybe even with fans in the stadium. Gundy tweeted something about buying tickets now the day before.