Daily Bullets (Nov. 18): Pokes Encourage in Win Over Yale, A Nonsense Rudolph Brawl Take

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-nov-18-pokes-encourage-in-win-over-yale-a-non-sense-rudolph-brawl-take/

“It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” ― J.K. Rowling Bullets Rundown • Chuba Heisman chatter • Cowboys win with defense plus one • The silliest Rudolph/Garrett take Scores • MBB: Pokes 64, Yale 57 OSU Bullets • This is fun to hear – Chuba Hubbard is picking up steam in Heisman conversations.  4. Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State With another 164 yards and two touchdowns for Hubbard in an easy win over Kansas, what looked like an all-QB affair at the Heisman ceremony seems increasingly likely to include the Cowboys’ tailback. [ESPN] It seems more and more as playoff contenders fall out of the picture and the excellent separate from the “pretty good”, players get into that conversation based on their merit. It’s hard to leave Chuba out of that conversation. Something else fun was watching football on Saturday afternoon and seeing Chuba Hubbard-updates on the bottom line. • In the Cowboy win over Yale yesterday, the offense struggled and the defense shined but one player carried the Pokes offensively – and that’s an encouraging…

I don’t think it’s irrational at all to say Rudolph ‘provoked’ him. But as the author of that take stated, it absolutely was an indefensible overreaction from Garrett. Just as Mandeville stated in in the bullets, “If someone throws a cup of water on you and you hit them with a bat, you’re not justified and can be prosecuted.” Right, but by throwing a cup of water on them, you ‘provoked’ the bat attack. But in no way at ALL was the bat attack justified. I don’t see anything wrong with that guy’s take at all.

In my (probably unpopular) opinion, Garrett had his head buried in Rudolph’s chest during the tackle, and couldn’t see him shovel the ball off. He did hang on too long for it being at ‘that’ part of the game. Once being on the ground Rudolph immediately started to try and rip his helmet off (for some weird reason). So yes, Rudolph ‘provoked’ him, and yes, Garrett still is 100% indefensible.