Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daily-bullets-oct-7-mike-gundy-surfaces-are-pokes-no-2-in-the-league/
Thanks for stopping by - here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
That hypothetical best of ACC/Big 12 conference would be interesting.
I think the ACC/B12 merger concept is just silly nonsense. Leaving out North Carolina is foolish. As wellLouisville and Virginia are oversights. ACC schools are in contract until 2036, pretending they’re not is a fundamental problem with this story. I don’t see Duke joining a conference with Texas Tech, Kansas St and OSU. These stories are obviously fueled by football, but there are other factors: basketball, academics and rivalries like Duke/N. Carolina. Does anyone really want Florida St and their whiny attitude in the conference? I like where we stand right now. A league of contemporaries where almost any school has a shot at a title in a 10 year span.
I could go for getting rid of UCF and Cincinnati, maybe even Houston and trading for some ACC schools.
Who would you replace those three team with (assuming Florida State, Miami, and Clemson are not available)?
Let’s make the ultimate basketball conference… Duke, UNC, Virginia.
VT, UNC, Louisville would be my ideal ones. I’d be cool with Pitt and Virginia too.