Daily Bullets (Sept. 25): Next Step for the Cowboy Offense, No Decision on Starting QB for K-State

Originally published at: Daily Bullets (Sept. 25): Next Step for the Cowboy Offense, No Decision on Starting QB for K-State - Pistols Firing

Thanks for stopping by - here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.

Next step for the Cowboy offense? How about trying to get the ball into Presley’s hands?

2 Likes

Next step should be firing Dickey and Dunn

3 Likes

BP was open most plays against ISU. Bowman refused to throw to him in order to chuck it deep or wait so long he had to throw it away.

Sounds like we need to start Rangel then.

2 Likes

Why are Dunn and Dickey still employed at OSU?

1 Like

We might be going 2-10. What games left are sure wins? zerO like the social life @ zerOU.

K-State
Kansas
@West Virginia - playing a lot better than anyone thought to beat TTU, who’s been about as big of a disappointment as the Cowboys!
Cincinnati
Oklahoma
@UCF
@Houston
BYU

Any predictions from the Gumby fanboys, Robert and Michael???

1 Like

Why is HCMGumby???

@jeff42 Do you really think Chad Weiberg has the cojones to fire HCMG??? You’re on Dr. Shrum’s case…I seriously doubt Weiberg will do it, it’ll be due to fan/alum uprising after we go 2-10 for a few seasons or worse. This season was one of the easiest schedules we’ll ever have.

What I don’t get is letting this downward slide continue. Dickey and Dunn should’ve been gone in December, the mass exodus last December, the poor recruiting (60th in the country), the refusal to use NIL to our advantage. I’m almost starting to think it would cause less damage and cost less to can the staff at the end of the year and start over. We keep putting this level of product on the field we’re fcked for the next decade.

2 Likes

It’s not dunn or Dickey in my opinion at all. Who hires assistant coaches? Who keeps them employed or who fires them? Dickey did really well everywhere he has been but not here….how come? How come every offensive coordinator that comes here runs up the middle or throws a bomb down the sidelines? How come all these coordinators never use the middle of the field? One common denominator and that is gundy. I’m with you on dicky and Dunn should be fired but gundy feels comfortable with coaches that he can control and it will never be any different as long as he’s here. Gundy told us that he quit using the middle of the field like 10 years ago because the safety of his players is more important than winning games. Does anybody remember when he said this? This guy is too soft to be a college football coach.

3 Likes

I agree, almost everything is on HCMGumby. I’ve heard through someone who knows people on staff that Mike micromanages everything including Dunn and his playcalling. It should be obvious, little has changed since Monken and Holgorsen left. Same plays every year, same tendencies to throw bulk of the passes from numbers to sidelines. Same playbook, no trick plays, slants limited to 1 per game max! Same ole running plays w/ very little percentage pulling a guard or a tackle or both. It’s a 10-page playbook. HCMG has said many times he likes to keep it simple. Defensive coaches have caught up, mostly because they watch film and also what has helped them is our personnel isn’t half as good as it was when they were calling the same ole plays, 90% of which seemed to be back-shoulder fades/jump balls, hooks, curls, or outs from numbers to sidelines and bubble screens. Exception is lot of fade attemps in the red zones. Never utilize TEs (formerly called CWBs, which seemed to confuse NO ONE!) more than 30 pass completions per season, not fair to opposing defenses.

We have a very BASE offense that makes the offenses of Stilly High, Bixby High, Union, etc look complex!

Wow! I can’t believe you would post something that misogynistic and ignorant. I guess that says about all anyone needs to know about you.

1 Like

Truth hurts people especially younger generations.

2 Likes

This is what concerns me. I don’t think we have an AD capable of forcing Gundy to do anything. Mike Holder had his own skins on the wall as well as the ear of the money man, but Weiberg is solely a product of Gundy’s football success and as such has no real power over Gundy. He owes his job and role to the man.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to support Gundy (foolishly) the last 4-5 seasons but I am now done and am in the fire Gundy camp at the end of the season. While I don’t think we’ll go 2-10 I see maybe Cincy (though their D is tough) Houston and Tech as possible wins.

Still 4-8 or 5-7 is not gonna cut it and Weigberg has to be a man (he’s well over 40 after all) and cut bait. I mean the years from 2010-2017 we won 10 games 6 times and only once in the last 6 seasons starting tonight so it can be done here but we have a coach who, from the outside, optics being what they are, doesn’t seem to really have the fire anymore and its enough. 7 or 8 million a year for this? He just doesn’t seem to be with the times of today’s college ball and as much as he appears to hate that, the results don’t speak for themselves anymore.

2 Likes

We don’t play Tech. I think the two games we have greater than a 50% chance of winning are Cincy for homecoming and Houston. Bedlam will require a miracle to get a win. I think he have maybe a 40% chance to beat BYU at home. The rest are 25% chance at best in my opinion. I think Gundy is capable with coming up with a game plan to beat any team in the league except OU but he refuses to play the recruiting, portal, and NIL game to acquire enough talent to actually do it. I bet he could kick some ass in the MAC though.

2 Likes

I would have thought that until I saw the beatdown at the hands of South Bama. That was a middle of the road SunBelt team that beat us at home by 4 TDs.

2 Likes

This team is going finishing no better than 4-8. This is what happens when you get in your own way.

1 Like

Ask Central Michigan.

2 Likes