Daton Fix Issued One-Year Suspension by USADA after Drinking Bottle Mixup

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daton-fix-issued-one-year-suspension-by-usada-after-drinking-bottle-mixup/

Fix’s suspension lasts until Feb. 10.

1 Like

Seth: As you probably well know there have been a number of MMA fighters who have gotten popped for ostarine. Rachael Ostovich, OSP, Sean O’Malley, and Diego Sanchez to name but a few.

I wish in all these cases they would name the products they have taken so other athletes could avoid those. I highly doubt Fix knowingly took a specific ostarine product but rather it’s probably in a workout powder or already-mixed drink available at a store like GNC. That’s one issue right here, the supplement industry is unregulated so just because it’s sold online or at a retailer like the aforementioned it doesn’t mean it’s safe for athletes to use if they are tested.

No one knows that better than the Fix family and certainly a guy like Chris Perry. And why would he take it now, in the off-season? I doubt any muscle gain to be had by it would stay with him forever, but I can’t say for certain as I haven’t tried it. Has anyone on this board? :slight_smile:

It looks like you get a lot if hits for products containing mk-2866 which is what they said he took. Some seem to play off the name ostarine.

He didn’t take it in the off-season. Their findings were that he would have inadvertently taken it in January approximately a week before he competed and where he failed his test.

1 Like

I should’ve read that more carefully, yeah, that’s not the off-season!

1 Like