Does Gundy Protect His Running Backs?

I started thinking this after Chuba’s last season. Justice Hill and Chuba were both draft locks their final seasons and their usage went way down and they had vague, unspecified, nagging injuries. I sort of think Gundy lets his star backs show out and they’ll get a ton of carries, but once they know they will get drafted, he just lets them coast on the roster instead of declaring early or potentially getting injured their final year.

Seems like Jaylen Warren wanted to play in the title game, but Gundy wouldn’t risk injuring him. It’s like he’s balancing giving them their best shot to achieve their dream while not breaking them. Has anyone else had this thought?

1 Like

Didn’t Justice get hurt and opt out himself?

1 Like

Dnt forget Carson.
Hill and Carson have been injured in the nfl.
And hill did it with lil time running.

1 Like

It was weird. He would be hurt and not play then take a few snaps in Bedlam. It was very “is he hurt or isn’t he?”

1 Like

Hill just kinda opted out himself. Chuba wasn’t the same back, course he had some nagging injuries. Carson just learned to give it his all and run over people

1 Like

I think his sophomore year he played lights out in bedlam…. His last year I think he just wanted to get it over with

1 Like