Does Money Really Matter in Football Success?

Found this for all schools based on their info in wikipedia:

3 Likes

That is super interesting. Really surprised the Aggie endowment is three times bigger than UT’s. Also surprised how low Maryland’s is.

Texas A&M has the second most CEOs at Fortune 500 companies of any University in the world… First is Harvard.

The Aggies have money. Lots of it.

3 Likes

I just put the check in the mail.

hope no one tries to cash it

4 Likes

Tons of A&M grads are loaded. Some Houston based Fortune 500 has a board comprised of all Aggies (they are very, very cultish). Anyhow, that same company buys an extra 2 sections of the stadium for all big games to give to students to make sure opposing teams fans can never get too loud.

Edit- It really chaps my rear that Taco Tech has more in endowments than we do at OSU. Time to get rich and change that.

3 Likes

A lot of them in the oil industry, very annoying…

Cultish is a great way to put it.

1 Like

Frickin’ ring knockers… anytime I find poor engineering out of the Houston area where someone was put in charge of something they had no business of doing it’s a better than even odds shot that the person responsible has a T A&M degree.

3 Likes

GIG EM AGS

Makes me want to puke

2 Likes

What do you expect from a bunch of farmers and school teachers who represent a large number of our fan base?

We need to cultivate more fans in general and ask them to donate modestly where collectively, the total can make a difference.

The problem with that is it won’t happen in large enough numbers unless we win bigger including championships and national relevance. That is the only thing that brings in casual bandwagon fans that so many of the Bluebloods enjoy! We would need thousands more to create demand for expanded seating and the revenue that could bring to meet demand and permanently raise our budget to be more competitive.

Not sure how accurate this statement could be, but I am assuming that A&M and other universities also offer degrees with much higher potential incomes than ones that are pursued by OSU alumni…like I said could totally be wrong on that though.

This is a question for @lmand and the $30 thingy Clemson did.

IPTAY is basically Clemson’s version of Posse. But they push it to a much wider audience.
“I Pay Ten A Year” was introduced in 1934 as an ongoing capital campaign for athletic scholarships, academic support, & facilities.

They still use it to this day, now the starting level is $250 and it goes up from there with levels.

But they basically target all alumni and the community with the campaign, and it’s fairly reasonable. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

This is the one thing that I just don’t understand why we don’t try. I mean I get that we want to go after big donors and this little stuff doesn’t move the needle as much, but there is more to it than that and I think our leaders are being short sighted. If you get people to invest any money in the program they have more interest in it which drives other forms of athletic income (ticket sales, t shirts etc). Plus a lot of those that might start out with small donations will increase them once they are able later in life.

3 Likes

I think they view it as ROI with their time. I agree it is short sighted because they don’t need interaction with rank and file alums or fans they should find ways to include all in the OSU family and solicit involvement where they can!

1 Like

This is a big point. Start off $250 a year then move on to 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, ah why don’t I put OSU in my will for 5-10%.

3 Likes