Dominic Richardson Named to Doak Walker Preseason Watch List

Originally published at: Dominic Richardson Named to Doak Walker Preseason Watch List | Pistols Firing

Richardson has averaged 4.8 yards a carry to this point in his career.

Lets make it happen

1 Like

I mean he does have a pulse. No mid major players on gundy’s squad has a chance at end of the year awards partly because of gundy’s system the other half is talent he recruits. It’s cute to think they might tho. I mean Roberto thinks it is anyway. Good for you Roberto. Always stay you. Meaning dumb.

1 Like

Richardson’s yards per carry has went down since he stepped foot on campus. Averaged 5.1 in 2020 and 4.8 in 2021. I don’t necessarily thinks he’s a bad running back, but he’s not a shifty or elusive back.

We better hope for one or two things to happen:

1. An very much improved rush blocking from the offensive line.

2. Hope we have a shifty and elusive back to compliment Richardson if the rush blocking sucks.

Because God knows Gundy isn’t going to make any changes to the playbook. Even if it were to benefit a player’s skill set or the team as a whole.

2 Likes

Because God knows Gundy isn’t going to make any changes to the playbook. Even if it were to benefit a player’s skill set or the team as a whole.

@joe15

Lol why does he need to change the playbook?

2 Likes

So you think a run with the third string running back that had 18 rushes for 30 yards the entire game against Baylor should be the one trying to win a championship?

Man what a difference in 5.1 and 4.8 … lol Hell don’t let him carry the ball anymore. Maybe we could have had stone hands carry last year ? Nope he either fumbles or completely whiffs on a block :joy: you are hopeless joy

1 Like

I totally agree:

Boise State ( 2 rushes 4 yards, 2.0 per rush )
K State ( 5 rushes 6 yards, 1.2 per rush)
Texas (3 rushes 0 yards, 0.0 per rush)
Iowa State ( 2 rushes 7 yards, 3.5 per rush)
WV (3 rushes 11 yards, 3.7 per rush)
OU ( 1 rush -8 yards, -8.0 per rush)
Baylor ( 7 rushes 2 yards, 0.3 per rush)
ND (1 rush 3 yards, 3.0 per rush)

That’s seven out of thirteen games he played in where he didn’t even average over 4.0 yards per rush. In fact, 279 of his 373 rushing yards last season all came against the likes of Kansas, TCU, and Tech. The three worst teams in the conference last season (Tech and TCU tied for 7th in the conference with Texas).

Like I said. We better hope that we find another shifty and elusive back, better rush blocking, or allow Sanders to run more. If we don’t our rushing game is going to be in a world of hurt.

1 Like

Its hard to get a couple of carries and think he will break it out. But, like we all know your a genius.

1 Like

I like to see consistency. I’m not completely putting the blame on him. If you knew how to read and understand context then you would’ve gotten it. We all know you don’t know how to.

How do get consistency on a few carries. No i read find. You my friend take stats and play with them.

1 Like

Read my last paragraph since you’re too stupid to understand the entire context of my post. I didn’t say Richardson was a bad back or anything. I’m simply stating he’s not the best and that there are other things affecting his run game.

Dude you really have troubles with English. By saying i hope we find another back, means he is bad in your opinion. If you wanted to blame the line or play calling you won’t state the first part. Joy im already tired of your double talk. Stop responding

1 Like

Having another back to compliment the other isn’t a bad thing to have. Richardson isn’t shifty or elusive. He’s more of a power guy. Try to pay attention here. Dam you really don’t know how to understand anything, do you? That’s okay though. I’m here to help you.

Warren wasnt elusive. We do have other backs. Moron

1 Like

Elusive- difficult to find, CATCH, or achieve.

You’re absolutely in denial if you don’t think Warren was a difficult back to tackle or catch. He made our offensive line look better than they actually were.

Nice try.
Elusive back is like vince Vaughn or barry.

Warren is a power back.
Why do you make your own rules. This is the chit why everyone calls you out. Then you think were sticking up for gundy. I understand that your obsessions is so great you need to be rite. Get therapy and meds.

1 Like

Why are you making your own rules? Praise Gundy for beating mediocre Texas teams and hammer Miles for beating national title contending OU teams. It’s nothing but a smoke n’ mirrors show with the double standard stamp of approval by you all the time.

Get a Spelling for Dummies 101 book!!

TCU did beat Baylor, TCU should have so those phony asx stats you can put them on for future use joy…. They mean nothing

1 Like

And Baylor won the Big 12 championship :man_shrugging:.