Favorite Hobbies

Much appreciated! Starting on a toy box and book shelf for the little man tonight.

What carb did you put on? And what issues are you running into?

I’m having some trouble getting the core to work and tuning the carb. It’s a weber 32/36 dgv carb.

1 Like

You got it. And I’m already giving away the game by telling you I’m a sucker for those. Absolutely love Chevelle SS’s. So, I’ll pay anything, lol.

3 Likes

As far as tuning goes, 1 turn in (No more than 1 1/2 turns) is normally a good baseline as far as those Weber carbs go for idle speed. Also I tend not to trust them out of the factory and would recommend confirming the baseline settings.On automatic choke carburetors open the choke butterfly by hand and use a wood block or wedge of some kind to hold open while the linkage is cycled to clear the choke cam. \Then set your idle stop screw (bring out past lever and then back in 1 turn), as well as your mixture screw being brought all the way to the bottom position. This well set the baseline for normal carb tuning.

1 Like

Played guitar for a while, but I recently began restoring and/or modifying some of my axes. Quite the rabbit hole but fun.

4 Likes

I didn’t understand one word of this. :joy:

3 Likes

Just FIFY to be anything you want, duh!

Gary, you simply tighten some screws. Done.

2 Likes

I bought a keyboard from a neighbor last night. Cringe…I guess Camille and I are going to attempt online piano lessons. :woman_shrugging:

Also, Clemson Extension is offering 4-H Curriculum virtually…so we’re going to do some science lessons!

3 Likes

Is the carburetor new? I’ve been thinking all night about what in the world your problem would be. Was wondering if maybe your vacuum ports are causing issue. I believe there is one port on the 32/36 and then one on your adapter plate. You should be able to plug the AP port. The other vacuum should have 0" at idle, and I am guessing its releasing to 2+"… Just trying to pick my brain a little on this thing. I have always run Holley and Edelbrock carbs if I have a choice, but I have tinkered with all sorts.

Honestly… I have no clue, I’m new to carburetors and my dad hasn’t been able to come by and help me.

Weber carbs can be extemely tricky- got a 3.1L 240z with triple webers. Message me pics and i can try to help

1 Like

You’re not joking

That’s beautiful. My best friend from high school had an orange 69 Chevelle SS with a 396. But he would not drive a mile over the speed limit. :sleepy: But perhaps that is why I am still alive. :thinking:

3 Likes

I have a '70 with a 454. The one pictured has an LT4 put in it.

5 Likes

I’m an audio dude. So normally I spend alot of time in my version of a man cave, but lately it’s been 3x the amount of time for obvious reasons.

In this week’s installment of ‘Social Distancing boredum is a heckuva drug,’ I’ve always wanted to hear how my old favorite Metallica songs would have sounded if recorded with modern production and dropped down a whole step with heavier guitars. So I found the vocal stems to a bunch of them and am in the process of re-recording everything with the exception of vocals.

I give you : The reason why I probably have tendinitis in my right wrist now.

Note : The song is tuned down a whole step. That’s why it sounds like James Hettfield has cotton balls in his mouth. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Ugggh MGBs it’s always something with them

I went to a seed exchange last month for local gardeners . I’m going To get stuff germinating today and tomorrow . Some fruits and vegetables that I don’t have to venture out to the public for might come in handy later this year .

2 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

What a rig

3 Likes