Ferrari Wins NCAA Title, Oklahoma State Finishes Third

Not blaming Smith, per say. Just might be time for younger, more aggressive blood at the top. You can’t deny that Penn State has owned us at Nationals since Cael Sanderson got it rolling. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe it was just Iowa’s year to claim another one. Maybe it was injuries. A lot of them!! Just know we’ve been waiting 14 years to reassert ourselves atop the mountain. Not trying to start an argument or seem stupid. Carry on, folks.

Who got the number one recurit and number 1 class got 3rd.
So by ur reasoning boynton should give up if he doesn’t get a natty. ( which could get in final four with out playing anybody

Is that what u tell ur old boss. Ur old and slow i can do better. Ur always on old people did an old guy beat u. Did they give u alot of F’s
Do u even know how old cael is or who the iowa coach is. By that matter do u know who is on our team.

Why are you bringing up basketball on a wrestling post robert?

During the interviews of John Smith over the years you heard him speak that he wants a lot more scoring from his guys, especially in the first period. When we see a lack of aggression it is the opposite of what has been coached. In the NCAA tournament when there is so much parity we usually don’t see that much scoring in the advanced rounds because guys are so close in skill level. They have to be extra cautious when shooting because if they are off just a bit, their opponent is so skilled that he could turn it into points. The only way I would like to see a different coach at OSU is if it would be Cael Sanderson or Tom Brands because that is what it takes to win it all. The emphasis in recruiting needs to be in Pennsylvania, as John Smith once said in an interview, they can’t all go to PSU. Nothing wrong with the coaching from John Smith. He just needs better recruits at the level of Fix and AJ. That is what PSU gets and Iowa is starting to get once again. I have said it before, OSU is not going to win NCAA team championships just having 2 superstars making it to the finals. We need 4 guys in the finals each year. Amazing that this team weakened so badly because of injuries still ended up in third place.

A self-confident person does not have to also be arrogant and cocky. AJ comes across as all 3 rolled into one and I feel a bit embarrassed by his after match antics. I think that kind of behavior goes along with professional fake wrestling for entertainment. I hope that AJ matures as he continues and has less of a need for showing off. I was not surprised by his hinting that he might be going up to heavyweight since before he arrived on campus I had read somewhere that he was probably going to be at heavyweight at some point. I hope that in striving for his goal with weight lifting that he does not get carried away and end up injuring his back in a quest to feed his ego. He obviously has the talent to be a 4 time NCAA champ if he avoids injury.

1 Like

Psu had 4 guys win natty’s and iowa got what one. It takes 10 guys getting points.
Beside those 4 natty’s psu had two other all americans.

U guys never care i guess u taught me well

What is scary is that PSU had 6 freshman in the lineup.

Losing nebraska and Missouri really hurt. Getting more teams in has helped.
Its amazing that Smith still gets guys to compete with the big boys of the big ten.
The big ten has most of everything in wrestling players fans .

Yes. Sucks we just got that one class out of the way.
There was about 6 of them with like 18 natty’s

Thank you for that! An informative response that can alter my incorrect thinking on a subject. I stand corrected when it comes to scoring more points in wrestling.

Thanks for that assessment. Likewise I’m not liking the flexing thing and count all that stuff up to immaturity and happiness to win another match. I don’t have an issue w/ him wanting to go to heavyweight, IMO though, he should go 190 again (next season) and slowly grow his body, and as you say, avoid injury from the weight lifting cause it’s easy to jack up a back or a knee maxing out.

Maybe he sees the path to winning 4 nattys is a lot easier at heavyweight than 190 and I tend to agree. He’ll see better technique at 190 and more athletic guys. He needs to get better with riding, esp getting the hooks in, cause the way he does it not looks exhausting and one day that’ll hurt him I think…unless he improves in that area.

I don’t get cocky from Cade, confident, yes. He seems rather humble based on how much people think of him as far as a prospect. Personally I think he’d do well to come back another season and work on some things, e.g. defense!

I wasn’t saying either were cocky. I was replying to aj seem cocky. Sometimes guys do things that seem cocky. We just see it from high level players. Has anybody been a round a normal 18 year old. They think they can do more then they can.
But example of cade. He said we didn’t come to beat Baylor but to win a championship.
Its all just sound bites