Fire Mike Boynton Thread

I should’ve said the biggest reason. I do understand that we were in the hunt because of Boynton. That’s my fault for not saying that. But if Kentucky were to have hired Cannen then he’d probably be a Wildcat next year.

OU with Trae Young didn’t change. LSU with Ben Simmons didn’t change. 2 of the most recent examples of great players going to schools that usually don’t recruit at a high level and nothing changed substantially for them

1 Like

Fultz at Washington

1 Like

I think OU with Blake is a better comparison.

You must of skipped the part during his commitment video he says “Honestly I was this close to picking another school, but blood is always thicker than water” but we’ve already had this argument. I don’t care what analysts say. I heard the man himself basically say it.

4 Likes

I would hope that happens here too, but he also played 2 seasons. I was going off guys who were one and done.

Are we really serious with this question? He does not need to be replaced yet. I am still behind Boyton and will be until at least next year. His classes have gotten better each year. I just think the seniors are not that good and Yor is having the sophmore slump. If next year they’re bad, then talk about it, but you can’t fire a guy on cusp of a top ten recruiting class. If you do Mike Holder is an idiot.

1 Like

If i am hiring any one i am calling tony allen or desmond mason before him.

Throw all our money at Bill Self. That would be option 1.

Idc. I’m going down with USS Mike.

12 Likes

Its bad but next year should be start a young core with more hunger. I just dont think these seniors really that good.

You’re treading water right now. I hope we can plug the leak soon

Nah like i said if we go and make hires the two we should call are tony allen or desmond mason.

Simmons never wanted to be there and didn’t care. When he turned it on he was lights out. Trae was the only reason Ou made the tournament. And Cade is better than Trae. There is a chance that Cade works out, we make a run, and then it makes more top talent look at that and go wow that guy gets it and know how to handle my talent. Is it possible it’s a but? Sure. But the national exposure is worth every bit.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely insane if you would hire those two over bill self.

2 Likes

There is always that chance. I’m just giving some recent examples that go against that. I hope it works out for us. But history doesn’t seem to be on our side. What worries me is that he doesn’t seem to be a good coach. We don’t make adjustments or are too slow to make them. He trusts the seniors too much.

The fact is if Boynton isn’t the first person to offer Cade, before he blew up and when he played back at Bowie. If Boynton doesn’t go see him dozens of times, if he doesn’t build that relationship with him and the family, then hiring his brother is never even an option… you can get hung up on the commitment video (which you clearly have) but to do that is ignoring the facts. You also just said you don’t care what the people who literally get paid to cover this for their livelihood have to say about arguably the biggest recruit in the nation, interesting thought process.

Who else is there to trust :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yep, Bill Self should be calls #1-10 that Holder makes every time he hires a basketball coach. Only after we know he’s turning us down should we move on to other options.

1 Like

That’s fair. Just run the freshman out there at this point can’t be worse

1 Like