Fire Mike Boynton Thread

Nope not mine

Why? Heā€™s a national championship winning coach who is also an alum. Thereā€™s no one in the world with his resume that would be remotely interested in us.

Nope why would i hire him with fbi scandal behind him then two guys who have played at the next level at a high level. Those two would still be able to get recruits. They both know the game in a way on who to recruit. Plus tony allen would be a guy thats gonna recruit tough players and i am behind that.

Sure Boynton got his foot in the door and thatā€™s great. But the hiring of Cannen is the biggest reason Cade is coming to OSU. If you donā€™t believe that youā€™re kidding yourself. They way Cade talked in that video which you canā€™t discount means his brother was the deciding factor. Iā€™m not saying Boynton is a bad recruiter but he closed this deal by hiring Cannen. Itā€™s great he built that relationship up, but he clearly felt he had to hire his brother to ensure he got Cade.

1 Like

How about an elite assistant at an up an coming program, whoā€™s a proven recruiter and talent evaluator, and a former HC?

And also an alum.

ā€¦ Sean Sutton.

7 Likes

I understand that but i dont want a coach with the fbi scandal behind him being a head coach. I would take desmond mason or tony allen if there is interest. I say these two because they have played the next level at very high levels. Both know the business and what it would take to recruit top players. Plus tony would get tough guys like we need

Yes absolutely. Heā€™s a top 5 coach in the sport and is an alumn. We should try every single time. Maybe he would want to come home with all the controversy at KU the last few years.

Dude. Bill Self is a hall of fame coach, and you want to hire someone with no head coaching experience. No coaching experience whatsoever? Like what.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I donā€™t think regurgitating the same thing is going to change any minds.

5 Likes

If anyone thinks Self would even halfway consider coming to us is delusional. Name one single reason other than weā€™re homers that he would come here.

4 Likes

I donā€™t want Bill Self. Not now. The dude is crooked, and is doubling down on the crookedness.

Besidesā€¦itā€™s NOT REALISTIC TO THINK HE WANTS TO COACH at OSU. I get the alum and former player stuff, but I donā€™t think that would resonate much with him, honestly.

4 Likes

I get the FBI/NCAA stuff, and obviously if we thought he was going to get hammered by that then we would stay away, but ultimately, we arenā€™t going to be hiring a new coach until thatā€™s resolved, so if he gets through that without a show-cause penalty, then thereā€™s no reason to not want him.

Youā€™re not being a jerk. Youā€™re probably right. Just stating my opinion on this issue.

1 Like

I donā€™t think thereā€™s any way he would want to come here. I just think we should at least gauge his interest every time to see if maybe one time we get extremely lucky.

1 Like

I know what he is but he got the baggage a program like us dont need ne more of. Plus teams are going to ex players because they know what it takes now. Plus those two have been good to great nba players. They know xā€™s and oā€™s of this game.

I am not saying he wouldnt be a good hire just dont want him and the baggage with him now. Plus those two have been good to great nba players. Let me ask you honestly. Who would you want to play gor self or a guy thats played the game at high level. Knows what it takes to get there.

If I knew Self wasnā€™t going to get fired because of the NCAA stuff? Self, because even though he hasnā€™t played in the NBA, he knows as well as anyone how to get guys there. Donā€™t get me wrong though, I would be perfectly happy hiring Tony or Desmond. Especially Tony, because like you said, he would know how to play tough, Eddie-style basketball that we need right now, and legit might be the best defensive player of this century in the NBA.

FBI stuff could be causing tons of stress. Heā€™s been there almost 20 years. You never know. Have to at least make that call.

So did Eddie before he came here. So what?

1 Like

Also, people forget that Eddie has his NCAA problems before he came here. I think the two are very comparable.