FIU Transfer Arturo Dean Commits to Oklahoma State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/fiu-transfer-arturo-dean-commits-to-oklahoma-state/

Lutz has his first commitment.

Looks like a solid pickup and hopefully the first of many to replenish the roster.

1 Like

I really like this pick up!

2 Likes

I would say Jeremiah Johnson is Lutz’ first commit! In this age of instant transfer keeping a guy who has never put on a uniform is a big deal.

3 Likes

5’11” 163 and 26% from deep….we’ll see.

1 Like

Per Pokes Report in their article on Dean’s commitment:
“Pokes Report has also learned former Oklahoma State center, Moussa Cisse, who has since re-entered the transfer portal after one season at Ole Miss, is on campus right now on a visit. According to our source, Cisse was seen at a local breakfast spot here in Stillwater with the entire coaching staff and said coach Lutz is a good coach and that he has a plan.”

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t Cisse just turn pro? I don’t get it.

3 Likes

Not sure why he left in the first place.

1 Like

I’m not sure I care one way or the other. Hell of a rim defender but offense was not great.

3 Likes

We all know why he left. It rhymes with honey.

3 Likes

It was reported that Ole Miss gave him $200k in NIL

2 Likes

Now that we have at least 5 scholarship players, we can all breath a sigh of relief. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Final 4?

2 Likes

Anyone heard any news on Garrison ?

1 Like

Just do what the Iowa State coach did a few years ago. Go get yourself some higher quality players from lesser conferences with an occasional P5 transfer or two. He did that his first year as the Iowa State coach getting in eight transfers. Then he went 22-13 making the Sweet 16.

1 Like

You make a good point. This is probably the surest way to improve the team, even if some of last year’s players eventually decide to stay.

1 Like