Five Stats On The Underrated Career of Dillon Stoner

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/five-stats-on-the-underrated-career-of-dillon-stoner/

An ode to a great Cowboy.

1 Like

He’s not underrated, he like most are underused.

2 Likes

Sos

It’s going to be weird not seeing Stoner next year since it feels like he’s been here for like a decade
Best of luck to him on the next phase in life

3 Likes

Big fan of Stoner, he’s been solid, consistent contributor, but capable of more! When I saw him play a few games at Jenks I knew he could be a very good player at the college level. I definitely think he has a shot at the NFL if that’s what he wants. I think he needs to work on his speed though and might not get drafted, and it’s always tougher to make it as an UFA.

Best wishes to Dillon though, in whatever he pursues!

3 Likes

Hear, hear. If only we diversified the offense A.LOT.MORE.

1 Like

Just looks like the kind of player that ends up on the Patriots roster…

1 Like

Easier to make a roster as an UDFA than to be drafted 6th or 7th round. Undrafted means he might be more likely to go to a better fit. Someone please correct my logic if I’m wrong on this one.

Jeff this is about stoner. Not ur feelings about Gundy. Why can u guys let people have their day in the sun. Intead​:scream::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::skull::imp::poop:

1 Like

That’s T.D. Bryant to us #olds…put some respect on his name!

1 Like

Man. The Gundy Derangement Syndrome is fierce. Stoner is the #1 possession receiver in OSU history ahead of Josh freaking Stewart who was a slot type possession guy who had to be the #1 target on a team without true deep threats, but he’s underused. The people who outrank him are all deep threat NFL players, but he’s underused. He’s 5th in receptions behind only NFL players, but he was underused.

You gotta stop trying to make everything into a referendum on a good football coach. I guess I can understand wanting a new coach although I think it’s very unlikely to get someone better ESPECIALLY with Mike Holder’s track record of head coaches being limited to mostly OSU alums and Travis Ford (yuck) and Boynton (an assistant no one in America had heard of or was clamoring for and may be a busy). Your likely candidates for the job would be Zac Robinson, Brandon Weeden, or JW Walsh. I don’t know which of those guys you think is a homerun to be better than the best coach in school history, but I’m a realist, I guess.

Anyway, I can’t believe you’re here with teatown screaming “underused” on a guy that’s mentioned in the rarified air of the NFL/Biletnikoff factory we’ve had here over the past decade and a half and first amongst legendary workhorse slot guys like Josh Stewart and Josh Cooper, but get a grip on yourself, please.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging: He was underused what else can I say? My eyes by watching the games he was underused my man. Every other receiver but Wallace was underused.

1 Like

But hey go with your statistics and number of catches and how many times he was thrown too vs. another kid from another class and bla bla bla. He was underused. About the coach to replace old man Smithers, it will be tough to get the consistency of average play from a lot of other coaches but there are some. And as far as winning the conference it’s also going to be hard to find a coach that can win more Big 12 championships as the the best coach in school history but there are some. I’m willing to try for 16 more years to find that guy. What else we got to loose? You play to win championships or you don’t play!

Underused by ur eyes. That was just asking for 10 different reasons u an idiot. First open ur eye lids. :upside_down_face::smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::crazy_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:.
U are so funny jeff. I’m glad ur not a osu fan recruiter or coach.

Key word: Might. Yes, that’s true, it’s possible. If you get drafted by a team which doesn’t really have a need at that position it’s gonna be tough but you gotta figure most teams don’t draft for a position not in need. Being an FA (Patriots, Lions) didn’t work out well for Chris Lacy…hopefully he can make the squad for the Cowboys, I think he has the ability to play in the NFL.

1 Like

Jake from State Farm doesn’t get it. He thinks we should target one guy 50% of the time…like his buddy Mike Gumby.

If ur qb only looks for other recievers 50% of the time. U guys dnt get it any way it’s been reported lb malcolm coming back next yr